Complaint Review: US Bank @ unknown

Green Bay, Wisconsin
    USA

US Bank @ unknown Scam and Bank Fees Green Bay Wisconsin

*Consumer Comment: How

I received a phone call from a person that told me that they were calling from the Lending Club, that I was approved for a Loan for $5000.00.  I could get $8000.00 if I needed it.  They would deposit $600.00 into my checking account,  but I would have to send the $600.00 back.  They needed my account number to verify in was going into my account. He then told  me that I would have to go to Walgreens and buy 3 $200.00 gift cards.  When he said that, I knew it was a scam.  They did send thru 3 $200.00 checks that came back account closed and insufficient funds.  The bank backed off there deposits that  made me overdrawn and the bank keeped on charging me.  So far they have charged me $217.00 and will keep on charging me because Iam overdrawn.  I wanted to transfer from my Savings Account, but I couldn't, my account was locked.  They would send me a check for the money left.  I got very  upset and hug up the phone.

If there anything you can do Please help me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/06/2017 08:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/us-bank-unknown/green-bay-wisconsin-54301/us-bank-unknown-scam-and-bank-fees-green-bay-wisconsin-1404601. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

How

AUTHOR: Robert - (USA)

If you knew this was a scam, how could you be overdrawn?

As you would not have gone to Walgreens, you would not have sent them $600 in Gift Cards, and that $600 would still be in your account that would have just been deducted when the deposit was reversed.  Leaving you with the same balance you would have had if there were no deposits to begin with.

What are you not telling us?