Complaint Review: US Beef, Your Mobile Grocery

• US Beef, Your Mobile Grocery
    unitedstatesbeef.com
    Nationwide
    United States of America

I have to agree with Carol in Covina! Flavorless!

I paid $179 from a rep that was supposedly delivering beef down the street and since it was late in day, driver wanted to sell box of steaks at a discount.....you get the idea. I foolishly fell for it!

I also found beef pack to be flavorless! We tried the beef patties and filet and we did not thaw and cooked on a gas barbeque.

Per rebuttal I saw, from the company, I will contact the company / rep to see if there are any other suggestions but come now, cooking steak is a no-brainer! I have yet to find any barbque secrets for beef which is really easy to cook and good beef should be flavorful!

Company claims beef is "USDA Choice or better" but...??

Alex Irvine, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2008 10:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/us-beef-your-mobile-grocery/nationwide/us-beef-your-mobile-grocery-flash-frozen-and-flavorless-beef-santa-ana-nationwide-301539. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
6Consumer
2Employee/Owner

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

All U.S. Beef's products are guaranteed for an entire year

AUTHOR: Ownership Team - (United States of America)

U.S. Beef offers a 100% guarantee on everything we sell for taste, tenderness, and against freezer-burn.  We are sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the steaks you purchased.   Please give us the opportunity for us to make this right with you and exchange your product with something you will love.  Please call us at 888.987.2333 so we can take care of this immediately!

#2 Consumer Suggestion

re: rip off? well.. lets see..

AUTHOR: Tri Valley Steak Co. - (USA)

I own my own meat company like this. Most (actually 95% are scammers). Here is what you do to stop them as a consumer. first before the reach your door, ask " to see their business licensce (, and most important a sellers permit. if not/none.. its a scam(its the law,they must show you it) .. buyer beaware!!  I have been in busness a very long time,and these guys are giving real meat men a bad reputation! Also if you want to get your money back.. verify if they are legit or not.. ANY COMPANY.. call/ look up your local county clerks office where you live,and look up ficticious business search (see if they have a business licence or not) its FREE.  if they are not listed.. you just go to small claims court.. whith a down  loaded print out of your search and its a easy win for you.

GOOD luck.

Ex employees are not a good reference

AUTHOR: mike - (United States of America)

Brendan was fired from the company 3 years ago for substance issues. Clearly he has issues with the company. His accusations are entirely false...all US Beef products are USDA inspected and are restaurant quality food. Customers are given a 1 year guarantee on their steaks for taste, tenderness and against freezer burn. US Beef strives to ensure all our customers have a positive experience.

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

DON'T BUY THESE!

AUTHOR: BRENDAN GARNER - (United States of America)

The filets are tough because it's not real. It is chuck shoulder. The New Yorks are not real either, instead thet are filled with salt and chemicals to make them bigger.

US Beef Steaks SUCK! I sold them for years. Over priced junk! Don't buy them!

#5

Please now...is it really that bad?

AUTHOR: Von - (USA)

came across this blog when i googled them trying to find thier website again. I agree with Pete, these are nice hard working guys. Sure they may look a bit rough around the edges but geesh! ladies don't you think your blowing this a bit out of proportion? I do alot of barbecuing and I've purchased thier beef and chicken on several occasions and I cant say anything is wrong with it. and the price is right for flash-frozen dry-aged beef. not to mention its USDA Choice!! good stuff! maybe I'm bias as i delivered meat back in the day myself.  also...yea meat IS perishable foods. You can't even keep icecream on a truck for too long. so you got to sell it even at 1/2 price if it means you can unload it faster. I'm sure your schwans guy has explained that much to you once or twice. Its a tough enoufe business to make a living in already...lets give these poor guys a break!
-Mike

#6

Please now...is it really that bad?

AUTHOR: Von - (USA)

came across this blog when i googled them trying to find thier website again. I agree with Pete, these are nice hard working guys. Sure they may look a bit rough around the edges but geesh! ladies dont you think your blowing this a bit out of porportion? I do alot of barbequeing and I've purchased thier beef and chicken on several occasions and I cant say anything is wrong with it. and the price is right for flash-frozen dry-aged beef. not to mention its USDA Choice!! good stuff! maybe I'm bias as i delivered meat back in the day myself.  also...yea extra's do happen and it IS parishable foods so you got to sell it or discard it. even at 1/2 price if it means you can unload it faster. I'm sure your schwans guy has explained that much to you once or twice.
-Mike

#7 REBUTTAL Individual responds

US Beef Employee

AUTHOR: One Of Many Who Eat The Beef! - (U.S.A.)

I have worked here for three years and in that time there has been no employee here that has been non-responsive to the needs of a customer. We guarantee our product, offer great cooking suggestions, and provide good quality above all others in the industry!!To succinctly put this scenario.........If you are not satisfied.....Really....... Call Customer Service......Do Not Exaggerate........Do Not Use Sites Like This To Vent.........They Are Trying To Warn Consumers Of Real Problems..........*******AGED BEEF TASTES DIFFERENT FROM STORE BEEF********

IF YOU OR ANYONE ARE PERSONALLY UN FAMILLIAR WITH THE TASTE .......DO NOT BASH THE COMPANY AND THIER INTENTIONS AS A SERVICE PROVIDER!!!

IN CLOSING, THERE ARE MANY HARD-WORKING PEOPLE HERE WHO WANT TO HELP ALL OUR VALUED CUSTOMERS WITH THIER NEEDS.....IF THE PROCESS HAS NOT BEEN FLAWLESS......OUR DUE APPOLOGIES!!!!!!

PETER

OUR NO-HASSLE GUARANTEE

AUTHOR: Elliott - (U.S.A.)

Not everyone has the same taste in food. For the people that have any issues with the product we offer a no-hassle guarantee printed on the front of the brochure. It states, We guarantee all of our products for tenderness, taste, and against freezer burn for one year. We will gladly replace any unused portions. For customer service, call toll-free: 888-9 US BEEF. Try getting that at your local grocery store.