Complaint Review: US Direct Express

• US Direct Express

Austin, Texas
    United States of America

US Direct Express Direct Expressed ripped me off! Austin, Texas

On the 3rd of August, 2012, I noticed a crack in my direct express debit card, that went into the magnetic strip...rendering it useless. I called Direct Express to order a new card. I was told, that a new card would arrive withinh 10 days, and it was assigned an ending number of 2195. When no card arrived by the 14th, I again called Direct Express to inquire about the lateness of my new card. I was informed, that the card would be cancelled, and for $13.00, I would have a replacement card expedited to me within 2 days.

Two days later (the 16th), my new card arrived as promised. But when I openned the envelope, I discovered it was my original replacement card, and it had already been cancelled back on the 14th ! The card that was supossed to have been delivered (#6603), was not there. The next day (8/14), I call Direct Express again to inform them, that the card promised to me did not arrive but instead, my first original replacement card did, and it had already been cancelled by Direct Express on the 14th!

I asked for a supervisor, and upon reaching one, I was informed that the card I just recieved (#2195), would be replaced again, with a card ending in a 6771 number, would be expedited too me within 2 days, and card number 6603 would be cancelled and NOT SENT. That the latest card would arrive no later then monday the 20th. Today is monday the 20th and I recieved my card. It is number 6603...the one I was assured would not be mailed. I feel I am being totally ripped off. I have an eviction notice, my lights have been shut off, and I cannot buy groceries, because Direct Express is screwing me over by continually sending the wrong cards. I have conjestive heart failure and am on disability, and have not been able to access acess my own money sine the 3rd of this month!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/20/2012 11:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/us-direct-express/austin-texas-78708/us-direct-express-direct-expressed-ripped-me-off-austin-texas-929848. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content