Complaint Review: us grants department

• us grants department
    201 independence ave
    na, Washington DC
    United States of America

us grants department David Jones he say his emplyer id nuber is rx 7570 and a Steve Ribula he says who knows. the federal bank in New York city they say that was suppose to pay me the money na, Washington DC

*Consumer Comment: It is...

*Consumer Comment: I love how the OP is so skeptical at first

*Consumer Comment: Yes, indeed

I am reporting that I have been riped off by the so called Us Grants department. They claimed to have had a business in Washington Dc.The individuals called me 2 days in a row before I just answered and then they inform me that I qualify for a 7,000 grant so im like not really believing them right now.

I begin to ask questions to them about how can I just receive free money like that and how was I just qualified out of so many people. They told me that this is something they do every year and that I was choosen and to do whatever I wanted with it and that it was not a loan i didnt have to pay it back.

Im just like ok well how do I know this is not a scam and she said this is not a scam and if we were  we would have asked you for your credit card but thats not the case.. I really could barely hear the person because or course the were not Americans. So i say well if you are working for the U.S then why do I have to pay $100 they say because it is going to charity in India and to send it to Delhi India.

I did send A $100 to that person and did not receive a call like I was told between 10am and 1:30 pm Sunday March 25,2012.

I was scamed an d do not appreciate how they could do that. I asked all the questions that was necessary and it sounded very legitimen,t reason being because also he told me that I was going to receive a letter from the Internal Revenue Department insuring that I received this amount from the Government.

Surely when today came I did not receive a call and when  I tried calling back, it would go to an answer machine that sounds unprofessional for it to be the government and it is a machine. I had just knew right then that maybe they had screwed me over and hat I was not going to be receiving any cash at all. I was disappointed and really there isnt anything I can do at this point thats why I ended up here.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2012 01:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/us-grants-department/na-washington-dc-20201/us-grants-department-david-jones-he-say-his-emplyer-id-nuber-is-rx-7570-and-a-steve-ribul-859147. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
3Consumer
0Employee/Owner

It is...

AUTHOR: MochaG - (United States of America)

Yes, it is an obvious scam. There is no such free money with processing fees up front and is offered by a private or charity organization. This is a common sense. No legitimate questions need to be asked. Period. Sorry to hear about this and I hope you have learned the lesson.

I love how the OP is so skeptical at first

AUTHOR: Steve - (USA)

But they just have to say "It is not a scam" and she goes and sends off the $100... because of some kind of Indian charity thing?

Yes, indeed

AUTHOR: Diogenes - (USA)

Stupid is, as stupid does.