Complaint Review: US Sweepstakes Direct

New York, New York
    USA

US Sweepstakes Direct Sweepstakes, Fraud, Refundable Fee New York New York

*Consumer Comment: Not likely

I received a call that my caller ID identified as an "Private Number" caller.  It was a man (Jason Fox) claiming to be from US Sweepstakes Direct and he gave his  number as 917-338-3415 ext 628. He also claimed that I was the second place winner and had won $487,000 in the Publisher's Cleaning House sweepstakes. My award packet had allegedly been sent to me several weeks ago but I had not responded to let PCH know what my intent was with my prize. Since, according to him, PCH cannot contact prize winners, they turned over my details to US Seepstakes Direct and that"s why he was calling me.

He then said that according to his computer. PCH was going to have 2 security personnel to accompany my sweepstakes check delivery tomorrow morning between the hours of 9:00 -10:30 and that I would need to have a picture ID as well as a receipt for my 1% refundable registration fee.  When I questioned this, he gave me the following so I could call PCH directly to get more information from them: 773-828-5015.

I called the number and a man answered it and sounded like he was in an apartment building with the windows open in the background (traffic like nosie). The man indicated to me that I could pay the 1% fee by a moneygram at your local Wal-Mart Store or any CVS Pharmacy so you can have trackable documentation. He assured me, though that it was refundable and that I would get it back within 72 hours.  The man gave me 2 names to send the money to: Marlon Bellefleur and Mr Antony Reeves in New York as agents.  In addtion, he stated it was critical that send money as soon as I can so I can receive my money/prize check by tomorrow delivery.

How can I get my 1% of $487,000 so call refundable fee??  I have learned a valvable lesson during trying time. Keep your money in the bank and do not trust anyone.  Please help!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2013 04:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/us-sweepstakes-direct/new-york-new-york-11325/us-sweepstakes-direct-sweepstakes-fraud-refundable-fee-new-york-new-york-1072688. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Not likely

AUTHOR: MochaG - ()

You may not be able to see your money forever. However, what you could do is to file your case (the scam) on FTC (www.ftc.gov) and give as much detail as possible to them. If they successfully crack down the scam, you may be able eligible to get some of the money. But don't push your luck or have your hope high. It is simply a greedy tactic scam and you fell for it. Kiss your money good bye because you are very likely to lose it forever.