Complaint Review: US Treasury Dept.

• Submitted: Wed, April 23, 2014
  • Updated: Wed, April 23, 2014
  • Reported By: pam — Houston Texas
  • US Treasury Dept.

, Washington
    USA

US Treasury Dept. Seelim HE STATES THAT HE IS FROM THE US TREASURY DEPT. AND YOU HAVE BEEN SELECTED TO RECEIVE A GOVERNMENT GRANT, YOU NEVER HAVE TO PAY IT BACK, IN THE AMOUNT OF $8,400.00. WASHINGTON, DC DC

I received calls on yesterday, however I was not able to answer the call. When I tried to return the call to that number, the system stated that all circuits was busy. Well again today I received another call from the same number, this time I answered the call.

The man identified himself as Selim,(had an India/Pakiastani accent) stated that he was calling from the US Treasury dept. of the US Government and that I had been selected to receive a government grant in the amount of $8,400.00 and this never had to be paid back.

Then he goes on to repeat that again, and then asked me how would I like to receive these funds via my checking/savings account, on my Visa, Mastercard, Amex, a Walmart greencard, Western Union, etc. and that these funds would be available to me in about an hour. He asked if I had my bank information or credit card number available at the same time I am online checking on any scams from the US Treasury Dept. US Government and there it was.

I stated that I did not want to give my personal bank information over the phone and that I just saw online that this was indeed a scam. He said okay ma'am I will remove your number from our list. PEOPLE BEWARE.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/23/2014 10:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/us-treasury-dept/washington/us-treasury-dept-seelim-he-states-that-he-is-from-the-us-treasury-dept-and-you-have-bee-1141064. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content