Complaint Review: USA Gold/Plains Commerce Bank

• Reported By: Hopatcong New Jersey
  • USA Gold/Plains Commerce Bank
    usacreditsuperstore.com
    Tampa, Florida

All American Gold Plains Commerce Bank USA Gold false promises lead to ripoff Tampa Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: Suing Plains Commerce Bank

*Consumer Suggestion: Be Proactive

USA Gold authorized a "Gold Card" with a credit limit of $8500.00 in my name. The advertising falsely leads the applicant to believe they are applying for a Gold Visa card, however, when you receive the card you learn that the "Gold Card" you are approved for is only good to be used with their company "US Credit Superstore."

As part of the package you receive an application for a "Pre-Approved" Visa card, not indicating the credit limit you have been approved to receive. Naturally, one would assume that the credit limit is the same as that which was given to you after your original application. Wrong!

I did not get a Gold Visa with a credit limit of $8500.00. I got a card with a credit limit of only $300.00. Then, to add insult to injury, they charged me an "annual fee" of $50.00, a "partcipation fee" of $6.00, and an "Accept Fee finance charge" of $225.00. The card company gave me a $300.00 credit limit and then unilaterly charged me $281.00 for the priviledge of having their card.

I have returned their card, cut into little pieces, along with their bill demanding that they cancel the account and remove all of their bogus charges. I really think someone should start a Class Action suit against all of these companies. Their actions verge on fraud and something should be done about it.

Clarene
Hopatcong, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2003 08:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/usa-goldplains-commerce-bank/tampa-florida-33631/all-american-gold-plains-commerce-bank-usa-gold-false-promises-lead-to-ripoff-tampa-florid-46809. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Suing Plains Commerce Bank

AUTHOR: Bill - (U.S.A.)

Someone I know was ripped off by this bank the same way. They filled out an "information request" sheet on the internet and were issued a card they never received, charged $10 a month for it, charged a $35 a month late fee, and then charged interest to boot!

They have sued Plains Commerce Bank for fraud and usury, and I would suggest others do the same!

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Be Proactive

AUTHOR: Tee - (U.S.A.)

I would have to say that most people who have attempted to apply for the cards that they were alledgedly scammed on have problem credit. I myself have bad credit and I have looked at the different offers from these companies... if we as consumers would take the time to read the advertisments and the disclosure of fees we would know the information we need to know to make a sound decision.... if you had read it fully, instead of assuming what the offer was for, you would know they gave you what they said they would.