Complaint Review: USBank

• Web:
  • Category: Banks

USBank Sneaky Checking Account Fees - No Notification Minneapolis Minnesota

*Author of original report: IMPORTANT CHANGES TO YOUR ACCOUNT ENCLOSED

*Consumer Comment: Oh brother...

US Bank snuck in a $6.95 checking account "Monthly Maintenance Fee" under my nose - totally broadsided me!

I have had free checking for many years now through them, I had no way of knowing this-- could have bounced checks.

They claim they sent me a notice in the mail, but I did not get one - the only things I got were a new debit card and offers to sign up for their credit card. They said I am "supposed to look at my online statement" when I actually use the online account information to balance my checkbook and check my transactions.

They had access to my home address, phone and e-mail, yet they told me nothing. After explaining this to them, the "Resolution Expert" told me they would not credit me for this and would not send me any information in the mail, or e-mail, so I would have it in front of me. I am not in the habit of going over my statements, since, like I said above, I use my online account information.

They could have alerted me specifically that I would be receiving account changes, but they did not do this. The "Resolution Expert" was very unprofessional! I am going to a new checking account. I don't care if they also have fees, I don't like their sneakiness! (Isn't this illegal?)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/15/2013 04:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/usbank/minneapolis-minnesota-55402/usbank-sneaky-checking-account-fees-no-notification-minneapolis-minnesota-1099645. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

IMPORTANT CHANGES TO YOUR ACCOUNT ENCLOSED

AUTHOR: Charlie - ()

Well, in this particular instance, with this particular person, you are wrong. It also sounds like some of these banks are getting really arrogant. I am a responsible person, they simply did not notify me. Here is an example of something I should have received somewhere, preferably somewhere obvious:

IMPORTANT CHANGES TO YOUR ACCOUNT ENCLOSED

If they can't do something like that, then they are either stupid or probably, dishonest.

By the way, for your information, I do read my mail - they did not send this.

In fact, yesterday, after the fact, after I called them, I finally received a thick envelope with my account terms in it. AFTER THEY HAD ALREADY STARTED TAKING MONEY OUT OF MY ACCOUNT. This is what I'm complaining about.

If they made a mistake, considering I am a customer of about 30 years, they should have admitted they made a mistake, and given me a credit.

Oh brother...

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

They had access to my home address, phone and e-mail, yet they told me nothing.

- What good is that?  They said they mailed them and you say you never received them.   Well what if you saw them and just ignored it not knowing what it was?  What if it was included in an insert with the new debit card and you just missed it?

As for your phone, what if they said they tried to call and you didn't pick them up because you "thought" it was just a telemarketer.

What about e-mail, well first it is included in your on-line monthly statement(which you apparantly ignore). So what if they sent a separate e-mail that you identified as junk mail?

The fact is there are at least 2 ways they said they notified you.  And what you are infering them what you want to do is not practical.  There is NOT a single company that is going to call every single account holder telling them there was a change in the terms.

As for getting a copy of the terms.  Not going to say that if it happened exactly as you said for them sending you a copy that they were right.  But at the same time your on-line statements are available for several months and I am sure if you went on-line you could find the current terms rather simply.

I have a feeling that even if they sent a messenger to your door with a video camera video taping you receiving a copy of the terms and then having you sign a document stating you received them you would still say "nope..never saw them".