Complaint Review: USBI - One Call Comm

• Reported By: Port Huron Michigan
  • USBI - One Call Comm
    PO Box 3141
    Carmel, Indiana

I have a huge charge of $38.53. My first call to USBI (800-276-1111) I was told they could not give me any information they didn't know what this phone call was for. I got mad, and did a little research, coming across this page. After reading, I decided to call them back and be a little stronger.

I spoke with a different girl who explained that they (USBI) is only a call center hired to take calls for this company that makes the charges. She said for MY privacy, she isn't allowed to give out info about the company, and that if I checked my temporary internet files or history on my computer,(Which I DO NOT KEEP) I should be able to figure it out. And Ihave repeatly refused to pay this charge. I can not get them to take this charge off my bill Please help!!!

Melissa
Port Huron, Michigan
Virgin Islands (U.S.)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/14/2005 05:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/usbi-one-call-comm/carmel-indiana-46032/usbi-one-call-comm-ripoff-carmel-indiana-138857. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Finally Got Paid

AUTHOR: Melissa - (Virgin Islands (U.S.))

After several months on the phone to SBC, World Comm I recieved a credit on my phone bill for the charges.

I recieved a letter today from Opticom that is also addressed to the Federal Communications Commission.

AUTHOR: Melissa - (Virgin Islands (U.S.))

Contact this person Shirl Storm (Sstorm@FCC.gov) You can also try to contact Steve Riddle @ 1-800-276-1111.

It says that my account will be credited with in 2 months buyt after reading here i dosn't look like that is going to happen. I don't understand why the Fedreal Communications Commission is not doing anything better to see that this matter doesn't happen to anyone else. I guess that we all have to just keep on fighting. If this mess continues to happen I will be contacting my local news media.