Complaint Review: U.S.Postal Service

• Reported By: lexington Massachusetts
  • U.S.Postal Service
    Arlington, Massachusetts
    Arlington, Massachusetts

I bought a USPS Money Order for the first time and mailed it to a bookseller. After a couple of weeks I emailed the bookseller who told me they never received the money order. So I went to the post office to ask to have it traced. I was told that I have to pay $3.00 to get a photocopy of the money order. Forget that! I can send a personal check - costs nothing - and get back the cancelled check for nothing. That's the last time I buy a postal money order; and they have those seven or eight digit numbers on them to make you feel that the money is safe!

Harold
lexington, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/30/2003 09:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/uspostal-service/arlington-massachusetts-02476/us-postal-service-money-order-ripoff-arlington-massachusetts-62282. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
3Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

I always went to the post office for money orders.

AUTHOR: Tom - (U.S.A.)

When I used to get things from eBay, I always went to the post office for money orders. A friend of mine once told me if you got screwed, You could have the USPS go after them for postal fraud. I'm not sure it's entirely true, but it gave me piece of mind. I never had a problem with online auctions, but maybe I was just lucky. But you make a good point about personal checks, too. It's all free. GOOD LUCK!

To the author

AUTHOR: Connie - (U.S.A.)

Pay no attention the the idiot who 1st responded. It is his life's work to make himself feel better by belittling the complaints/comments of others. It is best if you just ignore him.

To Shawangunk, I am making it my quest to piss you off, as you have done countless others, with you insane comments and overblown ego. Better watch out!!!!

Shawangunk needs a life!

AUTHOR: Kenneth - (U.S.A.)

Say SHAWANGUNK ... you again ... a person without a real name or real home town ... I see your standard "whaa whaaa whaaa; cry me a river" response. Do you get sexually exited when you do that? Is this your only source of human interaction? Oh ... I know what comes next ... let me guess ... you are going to threaten to sue me for slander ... Come on SHAWANGUNK, bring it on! You think you know it all, from this issue to the issue of the University of Phoenix to the Ruster Scupper ... You must know it all for a grade-school drop-out such as yourself! I know that your idea of higher education is the fifth grade!