Complaint Review: UTV Adventure Tours

• UTV Adventure Tours
    1430 E Washington Dam Rd
    washington, Utah
    USA

UTV Adventure Tours Nightmare and Scam; They Post Fake Reviews to Hide their Bad Business Washington Utah

I held off from bringing up old memories again about this incident, but Randall, the owner of UTV Adventure Tour is the most crooked business owner I have ever met and for any person who was in the same dilemma as me, or for anyone who refuses to do business with someone as crooked as Randall, this report is for you.

During a summer vacation with my significant other, we decided to do a UTV Tour. The problem begins here: we got into an accident in the UTV vehicles when going downhill on some very dangerous terrain. I don't exagerate when I say that the terrain for their tours aren't for the faint of heart. They really are dangerous (extremely steep more than 30 degrees, sharp turns downhill etc) and I would not advise anyone under 18 to drive them.

The UTV ended up flipping over and my partner's leg was trapped under it. [continued below]....

..... This was one of the most terrifying moments I ever had in my life. I was crying hysterically trying to lift the vehicle up and my partner was crying from the pain, but it was fruitless alone. It took about 7 minutes for the guide to realize my party of 2 weren't following. There was only one other vehicle with a party of 3 total. The other guests came a couple minutes later helping to free my S/O. It wasn't until the employee that returned 7 min or so later was able to free the leg.

Because we were almost done with the tour, we had to finish it. By the time we got back to the business, Randall seemed eerily calm. I didn't trust him. His name doesn't help (hoenstly, Randall doesn't sound like the most trustworthy name...) And he wanted our contact information and said damages would be about 1-1.5k. I wanted to get out asap to take my partner to the hospital. I intended to pay for necessary damage costs, but Randall kept us there for an hour. The other party of 3 fortunately stayed with us to help and gave us their number, but unfortunately it was lost. Before we left to the hospital I demanded that I take photos of the vehicle with suspicions he may try to do us wrong.

This is where the real problem begins. Keep in mind we are a fairly young couple with no experience when it comes to this type of dilemma. Randall billed our parents for a total cost of 10 grand. 10 GRAND. He also outright lied about how we were driving (saying we weren't obeying rules and were wreckless), changing his story about how he has insurance,  and about the extent of the damage of the vehicles... the lies were endless. He threatened to take us to court and harrassed my partner on the phone for days demanding the money or else he'd bill us more. Before the actual day of the UTV Tour, he had us sign disclaimers and documents of liability. He didn't provide copies of them to us until after the threats and after we asked for copies.

Oh believe me, if he billed a fair amount, like what he'd have to pay his insurance to cover the vehicles, he would have had his money. No questions asked. I have two close family members who are lawyers, one that drafts contracts for a living, and one that works with cars. He thought he could extort us being we were a young couple, but he thought wrong. Given advice from these people, we didn't pay. And after talking over the course of a few weeks between all parties and legal advice, the best action to do was to do. Well. Nothing. There were so many things working against Randall's case. For example, the morning of the UTV Tour, we went right after another group. The group arrived back from their tour right when my party arrived. The vehicles were not thoroughly inspected before we drove them. ALSO, when signing disclaimer documents before the tour, Randall offerred an option to pay for "insurance" which was just the cost of one wheel (and something else very minute) in case something happened. All in all, We'd take him to court if he had the guts to, but we all knew that the courts would not grant him 10k because the damage was not worth 10k. We also suspected this low life to have probably used shady tactics like this in his business before.

Randall would continue to call and harass after he noticed we stopped contacting him. The following couple months were nerve racking because I had also been going through personal struggles of my own with depression, school, finances and relationships. I did not need Randall making it worse.

We haven't heard from him in many months now. However, I have kept all of the email exchanges, relevant documents and pictures just in case he comes back into our lives.

Afternote: I submitted a review on Yelp about Randall's dishonesty shortly after he threatened my partner on the phone. Randall removed the 1 star review. Threatened my partner before he removed it that he'd bill us more. And THEN a 5 star review popped up the next day of the removal. I couldn't believe it, this shady character!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/12/2017 12:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/utv-adventure-tours/washington-utah-84780/utv-adventure-tours-nightmare-and-scam-they-post-fake-reviews-to-hide-their-bad-business-1361275. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content