Complaint Review: Vanderbilt Mortgage

• Vanderbilt Mortgage
    500 Alcoa Trail
    Maryville, Tennessee

Vanderbilt Mortgage /Clayton Homes Land Stealing Maryville Tennessee

I purchased my home in 2000. My dad had land and he agreed to sign a warranty deed for 1 acre for my home to sit on. They kept wanting more and more land to be included and my dad wouldnt agree. Finally, they agreed to do the loan. I have tried to refinance my home due to job changes and I owe a lot less on the home and I can get a lower payment to help me out since I don't make what I did when I purchased the home.

When I went to refinance, I found out that the house is in my name, however at the court house, the way they registered it, I don't own anything and if I lose the home, they can take my dads entire 15 acres. That is not what we agreed on in the beginning and would not have found out if I had not tried to refinance it.

Now, I had to file bankrupt and I still can't do anything about my home because I cannot refinance it. My dad would have never allowed my to live there if he had known this up front. I have been told by several lending institutions that I am not the first person Vanderbilt has done this to. I do not want to lose my home, but I'm kinda stuck in a rut and don't know what to do.

Is this legal for them to steal peoples land and change things once you have signed the contracts? I will do whatever I have to to keep my dad from losing his land to thieves. This is very misleading and I would never advise anyone to finance their home with Vanderbilt.

Pyokley
Dandridge, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2009 01:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/vanderbilt-mortgage/maryville-tennessee-37802/vanderbilt-mortgage-clayton-homes-land-stealing-maryville-tennessee-413838. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content