Complaint Review: vayama.com

• Reported By: Ben200219 — California USA
  • vayama.com

Internet
    USA

vayama.com NAME: Vayama ACCREDITED BUSINESS: YES CONTACT: David Rush ADDRESS: 99 Almaden Blvd STE 880 San Jose, CA 95113-1618PHONE: 888 209-3040 FAX: 408 975-6623 Website: www.vayama.com Vayama is the worst website to buy an airline ticket Los Angeles, ca Internet

I couldn't make it to one of my flights because of Turkey's coupe. they canceled my entire journey and didn't refund me anything. I couldn't sue them because I had to go to San Jose to do so. Here are the details,

I purchased a ticket on May 3, 2016 from Vayama.com to travel with Turkish Airlines (TR) from IST to IKA on July 24, 2016 and return on Aug 11, 2016. I paid $269.80 for this ticket. I also bought a ticket from United Airlines to go from LAX to IST and return.

On July 16 2016, FAA issued a statement banning any travel to and from Turkey until Aug 31st. This statement made it impossible for me to make it to IST to use the ticket I had purchased from Vayama.com - I live in Los Angles, CA.

Jul 16, TR issued a statement that all travelers would get a refund if they can't make it to their flight due to FAA bans.

July 17 and 18, I called Vayama.com custoemr service on July 17 once and twice on July 18. I waited at least 45 min on phone each time. I couldn't reach anyone on July 17 and first attempt of July 18. On the second attempt on July 18, I reached a representative, but she couldn't help and I got hanged up on.

July 17 and 18, I emailed both Vayama.com and TR on July 17 and 18 stating I can't make it to IST to use my ticket and requested a refund for flight from IST to IKA and stated that I'll use my return ticket (IKA to IST). On July 18, TR sent an email asking me to contact Vayama to get a refund. Vayama did not respond to my emails.

On July 18, United Airline, in light of FAA regulations, changed my ticket to go from LAX to IKA directly but left my return ticket unchanged (returning from IST to LAX). I notified both Vayama and TR. I did not get any response from Vayama. TR asked me to contact Vayama to get a partial refund for the outbound ticket.

On the evening of July 18th, FAA issued another statement and removed the ban.

On July 22nd, I traveled from LAX to IKA (through Germany).

On July 24th, I didn't use my outbound ticket purchased on Vayama.com.

On July 29th, I followed up with Vayama via email.

On July 30th, I received an email from Vayama stating the TR policy for travelers affected by Turkish coup activities does not apply to me and offering $24 refund (which I've not received).

On Aug 2nd, I received an email from TR that Vayama has canceled my return ticket (IKA to IST).

Aug 3rd to 7th, I sent a few emails with Vayama explaining the regular cancellation policy does not apply, TR policy for affected people with coup activities does apply to me, Vayama is late to respond to my request, Vayama should not have canceled my return flight, and asked for a refund for the flight that I didn't use on July 24th. I only received an email with some irrelevant information from Vayama

On July 7th, I had to buy another ticket to travel from IKA to IST to replace the return flight which was canceled by Vayama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/03/2017 07:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/vayamacom/internet/vayamacom-namevayama-accredited-businessyes-contactdavid-rush-address99-almaden-1376999. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content