Complaint Review: Veer Leasing Geoff Eldridge Corsa Com Auto Sub Leasing

• Veer Leasing Geoff Eldridge Corsa Com Auto Sub Leasing
    6600 Sunset Blvd
    Los Angeles, California
    United States

Veer Leasing Geoff Eldridge Corsa Com Auto Sub Leasing Scam Took My Car To Sub Lease Los Angeles California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Re: Report from Maurice Abikzer of Milestone Design & Development

After putting our vehicle on www.swapalease.com in order to find someone who will take over the lease we got contacted by Geoff Eldridge of this company called VEER who was very persistent and offered us he would take the vehicle in his showroom on Sunset Blvd in Los Angeles and would find someone to take over the lease. All that at no charge! They would pick up the car from our residence at no cost, they would market it at no cost and they would pay each and every month the amount due.    We thought it sounds too good to be true and asked what's the catch/ how this company makes money? Their response was, as soon as they find a suitable applicant they would charge them a high down payment. We agreed to the deal and had them pick up the vehicle.  Following, we have been constantly reaching out to Geoff asking about the situation of the vehicle because we wanted the lease out of our name rather sooner than later.    Geoff's response was always the same such as "There is a lot of interest and we have several applicants". Three months pass by and we are anxious to know what's going on with our car so we finally decided we want to go check on the car since they were ignoring our phone calls etc. Therefore, we asked for current mileage and to see the vehicle. Geoff said he would send a picture showing the mileage which he never did. We then called Geoff again and scheduled a meeting to go and see his vehicle. After scheduling a time they cancelled the meeting.   Finally, we were able to track down the vehicle and found it in an apartment complex. Not only was the vehicle damaged byt also they changed all original tires and rims to very cheap ones.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/21/2017 12:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/veer-leasing-geoff-eldridge-corsa-com-auto-sub-leasing/los-angeles-california-90019/veer-leasing-geoff-eldridge-corsa-com-auto-sub-leasing-scam-took-my-car-to-sub-lease-los-a-1412892. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
0Consumer
1Employee/Owner

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Re: Report from Maurice Abikzer of Milestone Design & Development

AUTHOR: Geoff E. - (United States)

Maurice Abikzer of Milestone Design & Development located at 15233 Ventura Blvd Ste 425 Sherman Oaks, CA 91403 (http://www.milestonedd.com/) contracted his 2016 Mercedes Benz AMG-GT with Veer on August 7 2017. Mr. Abikzer explained he was having serious financial difficulty and was in need of liquidating his assets and, as a result, needed to find a qualified buyer for his late model sports car that he could no longer afford.

In addition to finding a qualified buyer, Veer agreed to begin making Maurice Abikzer's monthly lease payments of $2,577.48. I personally explained to Maurice Abikzer his vehicle would be rented if after 30 days we were unable to find a qualified buyer. In addition, the Lease Consignment Agreement, (hereinafter referred to as the "Contract"), specifically explains our rental policy -- a policy that was put in place to offset the cost of making monthly payments and keeping vehicles insured.

On August 26th, 2017 Veer paid Mr. Abikzer's first lease payment of $2,577.48.

On September 27th, 2017 Veer paid Mr. Abikzer's second lease payment of $2,577.48

On October 25th 2017 Veer paid Mr. Abikzer's third lease payment of $2,577.48. (Note how none of these payments were disclosed in Maurice Abikzer's initial rip-off report)

Prior to making the October lease payment, on Oct. 24, Mr. Abikzer's daughter/assistant Sophia Abikzer requested a picture of the odometer reading. I explained that mileage reports are outside of the scope of the Contract. I still agreed to send them a mileage report explaining we have to wait for the renter to send it to us.

This is when things began to go downhill.

Mr. Abikzer began to allege that he was completely unaware that his vehicle was being rented. Remember: The Contract refers to Veer's rental provision multiple times. He goes on to say he thought his car would be sitting in a showroom while we continued to make his lease payments. In addition to being wholly illogical for us to agree to making his lease payments indefinitely, I explained there is no showroom and I wasn't entirely sure where Mr. Abikzer would come up with such a thing (a 5-second Google search of our office address would have shown exactly where his car was being kept). We're proud of our office and have no need to mislead people about where their car is being stored.

I again referred Mr. Abikzer to the Contract that specifically grants Veer the authorization to rent his vehicle out. Mr. Abikzer went ballistic. I explained to Mr. Abikzer that if he wanted his vehicle back, he would need to send a certified letter terminating the Contract. Once Veer receives said letter, we have up to 30 days to return the vehicle. (This process is outlined in detail in the Contract) This gives Veer ample time to recover the car from any renter, uninstall our tracking devices, and fix any potential issues. Despite his initial theatrics, he relented and agreed to keep his car contracted with Veer. I suspect this is due to the indisputable facts and documentation presented to him,

On Mon. Nov. 13th, there was yet another request for mileage from Sophia Abikzer. This time Maurice Abikzer requested his vehicle back AND threatened to file a stolen vehicle report if he couldn't pick it up within 4 hours. I explained it was out on a rental and unreasonable to expect us to have his vehicle available in such a short amount of time.

Within 2 hours, Maurice Abikzer had tracked his vehicle and sent his daughter to go retrieve it from our renter. Once he recovered the vehicle he claimed there was $600 worth of damage to the undercarriage. Further, he complained about the additional 1500 miles that were placed on the vehicle. (His car had less than 4300 miles on it when it was recovered.)

There were no ignored phone calls.

All emails were responded to within minutes.

As a fellow business person, I empathize with the apparent hardship Milestone Design & Development is going through. I can understand how financial hardship creates pressures that make otherwise rational people do irrational things.

Frankly, this isn't the first time we've been scammed by someone looking to get a few of their monthly car payments paid while they work themselves out of a financial bind. I get it. This is a risk we take.

I guess my entire poiint in responding to this was to make sure potential clients see BOTH sides of the story when researching Veer. I encourage everyone to read the Contract fully and ask plenty of questions. My staff and I are here to answer any questions you may have.

Thanks for reading and Mr. Abikzer if you're reading this, I wish you all the best and hope you can get back on your feet quickly.