Complaint Review: Verizon Wireless

• Verizon Wireless
    verizonwirelessrebates.com
    Internet

Verizon Wireless rebate ripoff Internet

I bought a phone from the local verizon wireless store. Didn't really care for the phone, but it had a $35 rebate.

I cut the UPC code, filled out the form, attached the original reciept as required. Double checked everything and sent it out.

I received an "unqualified" letter several weeks later stating the rebate wouldn't be honored as I didn't attach the UPC code, but I could still get the rebate if I attached all the paperwork and also send in the UPC code.

Firstly, they didn't return the paperwork. Secondly, my original UPC code was sent in and lost at the office at Verizon. There was no way I was getting that rebate at all.

I called the 888 number and got a gal who denied that they lose anything in the office and stated that I should have made a copy of everything. I called the local office and got nowhere as well. I called customer service at Verizon and nothing. I sent an email to the company and got a rep who claimed she wanted to help.

I explained the situation and never heard back, even though I emailed her several times.

Michelle
chesapeake,, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2006 05:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/verizon-wireless/internet/verizon-wireless-rebate-ripoff-internet-177948. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content