Complaint Review: Verizon Wireless

• Verizon Wireless
    verizonwireless.com
    Internet

Verizon Wireless ,Verizon Wireless Scheme Monroeville, Pennsylvania Internet

I advise everyone reviewing this note to please consider other wireless companies before signing an agreement to Verizon Wireless. The agreement I signed 2 yrs ago was a family service plan with 700 minutes that would cost no more than $75 a month which included the taxes, however, the amount began to increase significantly. I intended to terminate my service with Verizon at the end of the contract, which was in August 2007.

In July, I notified Verizon customer service several times that I did not want to renew my contract-I had been fed up with my monthly bill increasing, the dropped calls, the phone not working properly, rude customer service, etc. I was told several times by Verizon that I would have to pay an early termination fee $175--however, my contract was up in August, and I had already paid up to the end of the contract. Next thing you know, I found myself arguing with Verizon customer service countless times over the early termination fee, and I have been and is currently being harrassed by Miracle collection agency--they have even been calling me at my job, not to mention they have destroyed my good credit.

I have decided to fight back. I contacted the better business bureau, sent them all my verification (thank God for personal checks as proof) and plan to contact the attorney general's office in my area. For those seeking a wireless service, please carefully view the incentives the company can offer you. I will say that my monthly bill has been consistent with Cingular, not to mention I have extra minutes of talk time if I need to use it.

Tena
East Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/02/2008 11:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/verizon-wireless/internet/verizon-wireless-verizon-wireless-scheme-monroeville-pennsylvania-internet-296312. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content