Complaint Review: Verizon Wireless

• Verizon Wireless
    verizonwireless.com
    Nationwide

Verizon Wireless Contract Fraud Internet

I had or should I say still have a contract with Verizon wireless. Over a year ago I added a line for my girlfriend and as things would have it the relationship ended and I payed an early termination fee. My original contract was up in march 2008.

I contacted verizon about changing carriers and they inform me that my contract was extended until march 2009.
I ask why. They or she says, when I added the additional line that my contract was automatically extended.
I say that that contract was terminated and the early termination fee or fine as I like to call it was paid in full, which nullifies that contract.

Apparently the contract with the additional phone is eliminated but not the extension on the original phone contract.

Even though I fulfilled the original contract and paid all fees and fines on the added contract, the extension on the original contract is still in effect.
If I want to terminate the original contract that has been fulfilled, they inform me it is an additional $80.00 on a contract that was fulfilled according to the original agreement.
But if I want to renew my original contract for 2 more years they will wave the extension that they placed on the original contract.

I advised them that they should be more clear in the extending of the original contract before customers add additional lines to their plans. I am guessing that they won't because as statistics most likely would state that men or women who add boyfriends and girlfriends to their plan pay an early termination FINE. And they have the original extended to the new contract.

No one in their right mind would extend their contract to 2 more years with just a few months to go on the original contract. Verizon says that it is not being deceptive in their extensions because they mail you the additional information on said contract.
I said, Oh you mean the fine print that no one reads. She said exactly.

Danielm
Altoona, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/02/2008 01:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/verizon-wireless/nationwide/verizon-wireless-contract-fraud-internet-377956. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content