Complaint Review: Verizon Wireless

• Verizon Wireless

Nationwide
    USA

Verizon Wireless out of control data overage charges Marion Nationwide

I'd been with Verizon about 4 years, single, 8GB data plan. On average I used 6GB/month during those 4 years and my average bill was around $120. Verizon then offered there free 2GB/month so I switched plans and was now getting 8GB/month for the same $120.

Immediately after upgrading to this plan I started to average close to 8GB although my actual phone usage was no different than the past. Without questioning it, I upgraded to a 10GB/month plan for $130/month to be sure I would not go over. That same month I began to get texts from Verizon stating I had weeks left on my billing cycle but was out of data. The charge was $15/1GB or I could reply and purchase 2GB/$10. Numerous times I replied to purchase the 2GB and within minutes I would recieve another text saying I was again out of data. The $10 didn't seem much to me at the time and I honestly thought the additional texts were just a computer glitch.

I recently recieved a bill from Verizon for $650 for 1 month. They claimed I used 49GB during that month. I looked at my billing history and noticed I was being charged $300+ for the previous 6 months. A couple around $300, one around $450 and now the $650. For 3.5 years I averaged 6GB/month and within a 6 month period they seemed to increase my data overage up to 49GB. I'm on wifi whenever I'm not at work, and when I'm at work, I'm not allowed to sit on my phone. I complained to the FCC, and was contacted by Verizon. I was told the billing stands correct.

With Christmas just passing, I literally could not afford to risk getting another out of control bill, in hopes my problem would get resolved and I'd get a refund. I do not have the money to put out in hopes of getting it back. I had to cancel my Verizon plan immediately and go to another carrier. Now Verizon convienently cut off my access to view my history with them online. I'll never go back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/08/2017 09:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/verizon-wireless/nationwide/verizon-wireless-out-of-control-data-overage-charges-marion-nationwide-1348407. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content