Complaint Review: Verizon

PO Box 5029
    Wallingford, Connecticut
    USA

Verizon OVERAGE DATA CHARGES Wallingford Connecticut

For over a year, I have been battling with Verizon for the bogus Overage Data charges they are charging me. I have spent countless hours on the phone with them as well as personally going into the store. The Verizon employees concur that there is no way I am using that kind of data! I have changed phones twice & still the charges occur.

I have now paid this company thousands of dollars in order to keep my phone working.  I am self-employed & am at their mercy as I need my phone to keep my business going. I am told that if I don't up my data plan & pay the outrageous amounts then my phone will be turned off.

Today after spending over 2 hours on the phone speaking with numerous people who say they will call me back and then never do, I have to start my story all over again with the next person.

Bottom line, I am NOT using the amount of data they are saying that I am and know that they must have an internal issue.  However, me as the consumer is out a lot of mercy and feel that I am being scammed big time.  Uping the data plan of course means upping the amount I pay each month.

My bill this month of $750 is simply ridiculous.  I am sure there are others out there fighting this same battle and would love some suggestions and help.

I did send in my second FCC online complaint.  The first one yielded a letter from Verizon stating that since they ALERTED me to the overages that they don't have to pay.  Of course they alerted me of which I immediately went in to see what was going wrong only to be told that there is a problem and that I don't use that much data.

I use my phone for email, text and calls.  No social media, no music, etc.

I hope there is an Attorney out there who is putting together a Class Action suit!  Help!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2013 02:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/verizon/wallingford-connecticut-06492/verizon-overage-data-charges-wallingford-connecticut-1067843. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content