Complaint Review:

• Reported By: Michael Crosby — Brea California United States of America
Vernola's Towing Service
13514 Norwalk Blvd Norwalk, California United States of America

Vernola's Towing Service Make difficult to get back car Norwalk, California

My son's car was impounded 6/18/2011. My son is in Men's Central Jail in Los Angeles.

I called to get the car out of impound. Vernola's s Towing said I had to have a notorized release from my son, no exceptions. I took a Notary to the men's jail and got the document notarized. Then I go to the Cerritos Sheriff station and get the release from them.

I take documents along with my license on 6/25/2011 at around 4:30PM to pick up car at Vernola's. You don't actually see anyone, because they are behind this thick dark glass. At first, when I hand them the documents, along with my license (my son's last name/address are the same as mine), I'm told they don't think my signed notarized document is legitimate, and they might not accept it.

There is no one there but me at this place of business. Finally, after waiting for around a half and hour, five minutes before they close (4:55), they tell me the charge is $418.00. I give them my credit card, and they tell me they will only accept cash. I explain there is no way I can go to the bank, get cash, and be back in 5 minutes. Could they please make an exception? "No".

I tell them I will return the next day, and they tell me they may not accept the document then.

My wife and I go there today--I, with camera in hand, to record what they say. They tell me I'm not allowed to record. They were rude. The car did eventually get released to us, but before we even got to see the car, cash had to be paid up front, and you had to sign a document that says you release Vernola's Towing from any claims, actions, suits, agreements or liabilities arising from its possession.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2011 10:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/vernolas-towing-service/norwalk-california-90650/vernolas-towing-service-make-difficult-to-get-back-car-norwalk-california-745307. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vernola's Towing Service