ED Magedson – Founder
VIA Trading2520 Industry Way Lynwood, California United States of America
After a couple of years of dealing with Via Trading, it seemed like each box of mixed cosmetics worsened. It was still saleable goods, just upped the price to the customer, until this last load. Boy what a ripoff it was. I could not break even with the load. 75% of it is unsaleable and the other 25% is so cheap that I am giving it away to customers as free gifts. The pictures that they had on their website (I kept a copy of them) of the load was completely different than what I received. The photos depicted name brand nail color, compacts, lipstick, etc.
The products received were non-name brand items and the majority were damaged. Every lipstick was crushed and had no color description so if I could have sold them I would not have known how to describe them except calling them "purple lipstick" or "pink lipstick". The foundations were from 1994. The lip pencils cost me .72 each and are selling everywhere 6 for $1.00. The nail polishes were all half full. It was a mess. I have never seen a shipment like this before.
Being a regular customer, I emailed Carolina and she asked me to do a breakdown of the products and what I could sell them for. I did a realistic list, with the prices I normally charge, and by the time you factored in packaging costs, I am taking a loss. I offered to send her the spreadsheet but she replied that it was not necessary. She said that she would talk to her supervisor and get back with me. She called me back and offered me a $60 credit toward my next order. I promptly replied that it looked like they needed the money more than I did and that they had sent me free coupons totalling that much. I have taken them off of my list of wholesalers. If they receive this, they will deny doing business with me as I have changed names to guard my reputation as a retailer. As a savy retailer who has purchased from many wholesalers, I am knowledgeable about what to expect from liquidation companies but this load was an atrocity.
BUYER BEWARE. You don't always get what is shown, even if you are a regular buyer.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/28/2010 10:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/via-trading/lynwood-california-90262/via-trading-via-trading-sold-me-nonsaleable-goods-lynwood-california-666049. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.