Complaint Review: Victoria Lewis

• Victoria Lewis
    HC74 Box 13, 89033455th Ave, Newport, NE 68759
    Newport, Nebraska
    United States of America

Victoria Lewis Rock Hill Dog Ranch Irresponsible Newfoundland Breeding in Newport, Nebraska

I bought a Newfoundland puppy from Victoria Lewis at Rock Hill Dog Ranch in May of 2009.  He came to me with Giardia and worms, both of which I naively overlooked as signs of an irresponsible breeder.  I contacted Victoria about these problems but never received a response.  Since that time, less than a year later, my puppy was diagnosed with severe hip dysplasia.  He is already arthritic and this past weekend, he dislocated both of his hips.  Currently, he's awaiting surgery at the hospital.

I contacted Victoria Lewis about my dog's hip dysplasia and was struck by how little it seemed to faze her.  This is, after all, a life-altering genetic problem--something he inherited from his parents.  Throughout our phonecall, she continually tried to blame me, suggesting that my care caused the shallow hip formation. [continued below]....

.....  When I informed her that he has taken glucosamine tablets and vitamin C his whole life, been fed organic large breed dog food his whole life, and been exercised carefully, it was as if she hadn't even heard me.

She has been rude, nonsensical, and completely unprofessional.  I have been trying to get information about my dog's breeding, but she is refusing to comply.  This leads me to believe that she is not a responsible breeder and since she has been so non-compliant, I have been forced to try to spread the word about her practices.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/26/2010 04:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/victoria-lewis/newport-nebraska-68759/victoria-lewis-rock-hill-dog-ranch-irresponsible-newfoundland-breeding-in-newport-nebrask-597018. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content