Complaint Review: Villa Del Palmar

USA
  • Phone: 800-366-2296
  • Web:
  • Category: Resorts

Villa Del Palmar Books us in Puerto Vallarta not Cabo. Didn't find out till we landed in Cabo - they wouldnt help us at all ! Los Angles California

*Consumer Comment: reply

*Consumer Comment: Villa del Palmar Scam

We've been with Villa Del Palmar for years as owners.  Since 2011 they have been the worst.  We have 3 timeshares and have wonderful service from the other two.  My report is comparing apples to apples - as we are owners at other timeshares in Mexico.

In October 2012 - We booked a special trip to Cabo for a family wedding.  We booked it at Cabo.  A week before we left they called to confirm our booking and in the message mentioned Puerto Vallarta.  I almost didn't call back - thinking it was just an oversight.  I went ahead and called and sure enough, they incorrectly booked us in Puerto Vallarta.  They refused to do anything about it.  I had to ask for a supervisor.  I spent the next week, talking to the supervisor daily to get into Cabo as we originally requested.  I asked them to pull the "audio tape" of our booking - they said they couldn't do that.  They refused to get us into Cabo, pull the audio, reimburse us for $1 or even book us into another hotel - we all know through timeshares they could of worked something out - they totally refused.  Their answer was that we go to Puerto Vallarta.

We ended up in Cabo, with nowhere to stay- calling the manager daily, staying at another hotel - I was never reimbursed for all my calls from Cabo to the states to call Villa Del Palmar.  Finally they were able to get us "OWNERS" into the worst room in the resort - right above the check in/bell hop - 2nd floor - so we heard the bell hops 24/7, tons of exhaust from every cab and van dropping of guests 24/7.  They refused to transfer us to a better room.  Meanwhile. down at the pool- we met numerous people who booked a week or two before on Travelocity type websites, go suites with an ocean view... were we owners of a "red season floating week" - got a studio - view of the parking lot right above check-in - after weeks of phone calls.

They finally pulled our audio tape - and they admitted they made two mistakes.  Their rep not only booked us at the wrong resort, they/he also input our email wrong - so we never got any email confirmations.  If their sales group hadn't called to try and book excursions - we would of never known and would not of had any place to stay in Cabo.

During all this, the supervisor we extremely cold and rude every phone call.  Never saying they were sorry, always blaming us.

Since this trip in October 2012 - they still refuse to reimburse us anything, and I just learned today that my"banking" of our 2011 and 2012 weeks "expired" - when I confirmed it in October 2012? ?  So now - we just lost two more weeks?  Their invoices for maintance fee's never arrive - and then a month or two later they send one with $75.00 late fees for each month.  They are predatory and lack integrity.

I will NEVER go to a Villa Del Palmar resort again - My treatment at the resort about our room was also cold and disrespectful. I've never posted on the web about a company before, however this has been a pattern with Villa since 2011. Owners get the worst rooms - and total disregard.

DO NOT BUY FROM THEM !!!  Do not vacation with them - their are many reputable companies in Mexico-  Villa Del Palmar is not one of them.   RUN !!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/08/2013 03:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/villa-del-palmar/los-angles-california-90051-5769/villa-del-palmar-books-us-in-puerto-vallarta-not-cabo-didnt-find-out-till-we-landed-in-1049424. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

AUTHOR: Deby - (United States)

well , having a timeshare is a very complicated stuff, so you need to know how timeshare business works, exist many people that they dont know anything and only buy without knowledge , i had a very bad experience years ago with a mexican resort, so i started to looking for some help , and i found this site

time share scam . com / blog / 206-how-to-get-out-of-a-timeshare/

there exist many situations and possible solutions , very usefull for me , hope can help you.

Villa del Palmar Scam

AUTHOR: Jennifer Williams - ()

Customer service was great until we stopped upgrading. Now that I've sent complaints regarding things they ptomised and have renegged upon, I've noticed that it's harder for me to book my weeks for when I want them even with 8 months advance notice an they are very indifferent. Their "all inclusive" is an absolute joke. The resorts are nice and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend staying there, I warn everyone who will listen: DO NOT BOY A TIMESHARE THERE!!

Villa del Palmar Timeshare Complaints