Complaint Review: Vision Security

• Vision Security
    508 W 800 N, Orem UT 84057-3746
    Orem, Utah
    United States of America

Vision Security home alarm system high pressure sales, prey on elderly, Orem, Utah

My 83 year old mother with limited English experience very high sales pressure by a door to door security alarm salesperson. She informed the salesperson that she leaves her financial decisions to me, her daughter. The salesperson remained in the home for an hour. My mother finally signed a contract she obiously could not read nor understand. The alarm security installer came within a few hours after signing the contract.

I came in as the installation was almost completed. I called immediately to cancel. The main company said they would have to have the salesperson call us back. We were only greeted with more pressure sales tactic. I had to say several times. We want to cancel. Finally, the call ended and the main office told us they we have 30 days to cancel, but we had to do so in writing. Luckily, they gave us the cancellation department's FAX number. I send in the FAX immediately the next day. What infuriated us the most was a visit by the same salesperson and his supervisor at our door!  Again they asked why we were canceling. It was reaching the point of harrasement and now I am really not trusting the company, nor them. The supervisor said we only have 3 days to cancel rather than why the main office said. I do recall that California has a 3 day contract resend law.

I called the company on the following Monday to confirm the receipt of the cancelation FAX. The company gave us a time that the installer is to come to disarm their system. However, we are very angry that they cannot return our old system to working order!  We would like monitary compensation to get another workman over to fix the prior instation to working order.

This situation could have been much worse had I not intervined.  I have read much worse complaints about this company--VISION SECURITY.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/26/2013 12:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/vision-security/orem-utah-84057-3746/vision-security-home-alarm-system-high-pressure-sales-prey-on-elderly-orem-utah-1037992. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content