Complaint Review: Vivint

• Vivint

Nationwide
    USA

Vivint Unable to Cancel with incompatible system Nationwide

A few months after installing our system, our garage door would spontaneously open.  The alarm would be turned on or off, night or day, weekday or weekend, didn't matter.  It would constantly open.

I have had 3 technicians come to my house and replace multiple components within my garage.  It continued to open after every visit.

Recently, prior to the last tech coming out, I had to call them back after waiting two weeks for communication from them which never happened.

Now the vivint app even tells me my garage doors are open when they aren't.  I am unable to trust the alarm system as a product.

They told me over the phone that when the most recent tech came out, if the condition of the equipment looked good, they would waive the cancellation fee and remove the system from my house.

The tech arrives on-site, I explain the issues, he then sits on the phone for 20-30 minutes with corporate.  He then states that someone will be reaching out to me in the next few days.

I receive a call from custer loyalty stating that they cannot cancel my service because the equipment works and they have replaced multiple pieces multiple times.

They have since called back stating that they are unable to cancel my service, but that I should simply disconnect the non-functioning equipment with my alarm system.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/04/2017 12:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/vivint/nationwide/vivint-unable-to-cancel-with-incompatible-system-nationwide-1371317. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content