Complaint Review: Vivint

• Vivint

salt lake city, Utah
    United States of America

Vivint Security Systems  poor billing/customer service salt lake city, Utah

Had service for 1.5 years with automatic payments via credit card. Suddenly, received a $190 bill for nonpayment (3 months worth).

Called customer service and was told I was switched to paper billing because of a denial of payment by credit company. To clear up, I needed to send them copies of my credit card statements. I refused. Called credit card company, Vivint never attempted to draw payment per credit company.

Told to call billing dept. Did. Very very rude billing person. Said reason was expired credit card (different story). Card has not expired. Said it was all my fault. They had no obligation to notify me of problems with automatic payment. I should notify them. I had no way of knowing. They've threatened to turn it over to credit company if not paid immediately.

Lastly, billing statement sent to me was post dated to January (mailed in December), with a due date of January 15, 2020. I pointed that out to billing person with comment it was further indication of their poor billing system and practices. He started to threaten me if I tried to wait to pay based on that due date. I then hung up. Useless conversation. Still have not received an adequate answer or a simple apology for the mix up with a resolution offered.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2013 07:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/vivint/salt-lake-city-utah-84130/vivint-security-systems-poor-billingcustomer-service-salt-lake-city-utah-990446. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content