Complaint Review: Vizio

• Reported By: newport North Carolina
  • Vizio
    39 Telsla, Irvine, California 92618
    Telsa, California

I bought a Vizio 42inch Lcd tv from Wal-Mart in June 08 I turned on Thursday morning to find that it had no picture only sound so I contacted Vizio Tech support told them of the issue to find that they have no service centers or techs anywhere close to me for service .To have service rendered I had to fax my receipt for proof of purchase at that point it takes them 48 hours to get up from there desk and get the fax off of the machine and I should call back in 2 to 3 days to set up an appointment.

I called back today I was told there were no techs in my area again that more than likely the tech would have to come in from out of state and has no parts with him that they would have to go back and order the repair parts. I was told to expect that call in 10 days thats there policy so I have to wait 10 days for the tech to call me and then I was told that the parts could take up to 3 weeks to get to the repair man that will then have to come back from out of state to repair the tv.There are 5 Wal-Marts that sell Vizio in my area and there are no service center in the area?

After I told them that this was not acceptable and spoke with a manager they agreed to send me a refurbished unit in ten days I would get a call to set up delivery. I did not buy a used tv I paid 996.00 for a brand new unit and can get a refurbished unit on the net for 250.00 I also do not get the benefit of the 1 year warranty only the remainder of the original unit that broke in 7 months I feel like this is wrong!

Vizio is junk
newport, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2009 03:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/vizio/telsa-california-92618/vizio-poor-service-on-warranty-issues-telsa-california-418621. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
3Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Please Note

AUTHOR: Vizio is junk - (U.S.A.)

The only reason a refund was considered is because I still had the box and all of the packing materials and all of the paperwork that the tv came with including my reciept.That is the only way they will take a return and they have many requirements on all merchandise that is considered for a return or exchange. I was also told not to expect this to happen again refunds are not normally given for products purchased over a set amount of time by the store which I believe to be 15 to 90 days depending on the product but I am not sure.With that being said please dont just run out to the stores expecting this to work for you this was a very rare that a refund was given and more than likely you will be told you must contact the electronic companies warranty service center to render repairs or exchanges.

Please Note

I got the last laugh

AUTHOR: Vizio is junk - (U.S.A.)

I went to the retail store where I bought this piece of junk and spoke with the store managers they took pity on our issue and gave me refund to purchase a new tv at their store. You can know that I am now they proud owner of an RCA lcd 42" tv and even got the pleasure of wheeling the broken Vizio into the store in front of all the customers who most were asking questions. I got the benefit of telling 3 people who were buying flat screens while I was getting my new tv what Vizio did to me and they also purchased different brands. Please note In some rare circumstances it seems that the store manager can accept a return but does not apply to all cases.