Complaint Review: VOIPo

• VOIPo
    4500 Campus Drive Suite 525
    Newport Beach, California
    USA

VOIPo ,Hostgator, Service stopped working, will not refund unused months Newport Beach California

Ordered May 2012 24 month prepayment.  Sounded like a good deal.  Billing starts when ordered, not when shipped, received, or activated.  Kind petty, but whatever.
Stopped working about 8 months into it.  Left it unplugged as we really don't need it and didn't have time to deal with "customer service".

Company emailed wanting me to update credit card information in July 2013.  I mentioned I would not update the information as I would not renew it because it did not work.  They kindly sent me to a URL to cancel.  Talk about a company not caring if their product works.  I finally got them to look into the issue and they now blame the issue on my ISP. Since I am not a computer geek I do not know how to port forward or any of that nerdy stuff.  And it ain't worth paying a tech to figure it out.

I asked company to refund remaing months (11 of them) and they will not.  They want their device back, so they can give it to someone else, but want to keep my money.  Shady.  Not recommended in the strongest terms.

Magic Jack, Ooma, Google Voice via Obitalk device are ALL an improvement and are ALL cheaper than this crappy "service".

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/25/2013 05:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/voipo/newport-beach-california-92660/voipo-hostgator-service-stopped-working-will-not-refund-unused-months-newport-beach-ca-1070146. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content