Complaint Review: Voiptalk, HMS Blue

• Reported By: Long Beach California
  • Voiptalk, HMS Blue
    17216 Saticoy Street, Suite 385
    Van Nuys, California

Voiptalk, HMS Blue Fraudulent Charge to My Credit Card Must have Stolen my Credit Card Number! Van Nuys California

Last night I decided to pay my credit card bill online, as I usually do, and was shocked to see a charge of 61.02 on my bill from a company I'd never heard of - Voiptalk. I immediately called the number listed on my credit card statement and was told to call back in the morning. I was given this toll free number - 800-435-8034.

I just called them and after a short wait they took my information and said I had signed up for a pre-paid phone card, and since I hadn't cancelled in the first 30 days that is why I was billed. I most certainly did not do this! I don't make very many long distance calls and have a good inexpensive long distance carrier already. This is the first time I had had any contact with these people. They've never sent me anything in the mail nor have I received any email from them.

They told me that within 10 days I would be credited for the full amount. Until I got online and found this website I believed them. Now, I'm not so sure they will ever give me my money back. I have a low-limit card and this charge caused me to go over my limit, and I now have a 25 dollar fee in additon to the $61.02!

I'm going to contact my credit card company today to make sure they don't put anymore phony charges on my account.

Vicky linn
Long Beach, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2003 10:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/voiptalk-hms-blue/van-nuys-california-91406/voiptalk-hms-blue-fraudulent-charge-to-my-credit-card-must-have-stolen-my-credit-card-nu-44237. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content