Complaint Review: Von Woden Kennels

Weld, Maine
    USA

Von Woden Kennels Stole Therapy Dog Weld Maine

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Unfortunate Situation

I was going through a very hard time last September with my PTSD. I asked Von Woden Kennels to take my certified Therapy dog "Loki" for boarding. I sent him off with food and everything. I called to check in on him frequently for a couple weeks and out of the blue Dave "Re-homed" him to Rhode Island from under me. I haven't seen my best friend in over six months. Shame on you David. You destroyed me.

This will be updated...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2015 10:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/von-woden-kennels/weld-maine-04285/von-woden-kennels-stole-therapy-dog-weld-maine-1217489. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
0Consumer
1Employee/Owner

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Unfortunate Situation

AUTHOR: Von Woden Kennels - (USA)

The truth of this unfortunate situation is that Chris called me in a panic and told me that he had lost his home, his job and his family and told me that he was living out of his truck.  He told me he could not take care of the dog he had purchased from me and asked what he could do.  I told him I would take the dog back under the terms of the intial sale, which provide for the opportunity for me to rehome the dog to a suitable home.  Chris told me he could not afford to drive to my kennel to return the dog so I made arrangements to drive two hours to go and pick him up.  When I arrived at the home where Chris was staying, I had him read and sign paperwork that turned ownership of the dog over to me.  I was very clear with Chris that this was an animal surrender.  Before leaving, Chris told me he wanted to work to get his dog back and I told him that if he was still available when Chris got back on his feet, I would certainly entertain him paying boarding fees for that time period.

Two weeks later, Chris calls telling me he wanted his dog back.  I asked if his living situation had changed and he answered that was none of my business.  I told him that ensuring my dogs were in an appropriate home was my business.  I made several attempts to settle this situation with Chris, but when I told him he would at the minimum need to pay my travel costs to pick up the dog and the daily boarding fees, he told me that I had stolen his dog.  He then went on to threaten to sue me.  He then started to harass me and despite my telling him to hire an attorney, he continued to send harassing and threatening text and emails, including a challenge to "mutual combat."  This unstable behavior went on for months.  I contacted his family to try to get the harassment to stop.  His mother told me she agreed with my assessment of the situation, but that she could not control his behavior.

Eventually, I was forced to obtain a court order against Chris for harassment.  The dog has since been rehomed to a good home with stable owners.