Complaint Review: Vonage

• Reported By: Reynoldsburg Ohio
  • Vonage
    vonage.com
    Edison, New Jersey

Vonage They charged me for cancellation even though I cancelled within 30 days, and they did not transfered my phone number Edison New Jersey

Vonage had the nerve to charge my credit card $130.00 for cancellation. even though I cancelled within the 30 days. They contacted me on Jan 17, and cancelled Mon. Feb. 16 at 2:00 pm. According to them I had to cancel before the 16th, but the 14th and 15th were weekend days, and you cannot cancel on weekends because the cancelation dept. does not work on weekends.

I called my credit card and dispute all charges. Also called vonage and spoke with another rep, who after listening to me, accepted my arguments and said I had right to my full refund. He gave me the address to send the equipment back, and he said, after they receive it they will refund all the charges made. I will have to pay for sending he equipment back and he suggested to, at least, pay for receiving confirmation. That way thay cannot say they did not receive it.

I thanked him and already sent the equipment. I hope I get my refund.

Samuel
Reynoldsburg, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/16/2009 02:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/vonage/edison-new-jersey/vonage-they-charged-me-for-cancellation-even-though-i-cancelled-within-30-days-and-they-d-434815. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content