Report: #198950

• VONAGE
    23 MAIN STREET HOLMDEL New Jersey 07733
    Nationwide

VONAGE LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE; CANCELLATION CHARGES!! VONAGE ripoff Nationwide

I ordered Vonage around June 19/20th and was offered 1 month free, waived set up charge of $29.. only paid $14.99+tax on shipping of phone and device to connect to pc. It's June 30 and no pgk received. Email shipping w/tracking info sent on June 21st. DHL is their shipper. DHL is incompetent, too! I called DHL to track the pkg and they claim they attempted delivery. THEY DID NOT. I WAS HOME! NO NOTICE ON MY DOOR OF ANY ATTEMPT. And no redelivery attempts since then!!! So.. I call Vonage Customer service to request another phone. I have been on the phone 2 hours today with someone or another from shipping to billing to customer service.

I finally decide to just cancel and not waste anymore of my time. After wmisdirected call transfers w/overly polite 2 minute apologies, I finally and get an agent who says he's a manager..His name is Ricardo. Ricardo tells me that in order to cancel my account they will have to charge me a forty something dollar cancellation fee! And when DHL finds their phone, they'll give me my money back! HOW OUTRAGEOUS IS THAT?!

I asked to speak to his supervisor because I didn't believe him. He wanted to put me on hold while he called DHL to track the phone. I told him to call DHL on his own time! I didn't want the phone or the service anymore no matter what! So please cancel, refund my shipping charges.. when he said he was charging me to cancel, I told him I would complain. He said it doesn'nt matter because it's their policy. I asked repeatedly if he would let me speak to his supervisor or other manager. He said No.

Here is the name of the Vonage Chairman, and Chief Strategist: Jeffrey A. Citron. If anyone finds his direct contact details please post that info here! I want him to know what his PEE-ONS are doing on his behalf! -- LOSING CUSTOMERS!!

Jackie
Dallas, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/30/2006 01:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/vonage/nationwide/vonage-lousy-customer-service-cancellation-charges-vonage-ripoff-nationwide-198950. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content