Complaint Review: Vonage

• Vonage

Nationwide
    USA

Vonage Vonage is a rip off oxnard California

*Author of original report: Vonage contacted me

Here are the complaints and facts:
1. Teaser rates of $10 month only for first 3 months then the rate jumps to $35 a month. The rate after the teaser was not explained or stressed up front.
2. Trial period is shorter than the teaser period--the trial is 45 days but this is not explained and stressed up front. The sound is terrible and servicing it takes a long time because service is slow, there are long waits and they keep pointing fingers-- Vonage blames your internet service and the internet service blames Vonage.
3. When I tried to cancel after the 45 days, they charge a $100 cancellation fee because they said it was for a one year contract. Contracts should be against the law. Period. This is an extortion tactic and should be stopped.
4. They don't allow cancellations online-- only over the phone.
5. They only allow auto withdrawals via credit card or bank account. They should allow billing and payments by check. I hate it when companies glom on to your banking information and continue to pull out money even after cancellation. Then trying to get your money back is impossible.

I want more control over my paying options for situations just like this when I am unhappy with the quality and service but trying to get rid of them results in extortion-like tactics.

After all that, I barely ever use their service.

If you look at the usage history during the 3-4 months I have had them, usage is usually zero.

Why would I keep a subscription I am not using and why would I have to pay a cancellation fee when the product and service is bad?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/04/2014 12:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/vonage/nationwide/vonage-vonage-is-a-rip-off-oxnard-california-1143971. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
0Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Vonage contacted me

AUTHOR: art_tek - ()

I was contacted by michael.trotter@vonage.com. and I emailed him.  He offered to remove the early cancelation fee and refund the last month charge.  I accepted.  We will see if I continue to receive bills or deductions from my checking or credit card account.

I am waiting to see if Vonage makes good on his promise.