Complaint Review: VONAGE

• VONAGE

Stone Mountain, Georgia
    USA

VONAGE Intentionally misleading marketing....... Stone Mountain Georgia

I was shopping @ the local Walmart on Memorial Drive in Stone Mountain and passed by a table set up with a phone set on display and a hand lettered (on notebook paper) sign that said "Phone Service $9.99".

I stopped and asked MANY questions.  I was assured that the service involved NO contract.  I would be able to call ANYWHERE in the world unlimited.  Several times I had an urge to walk away from making the transaction as the Vonage rep was having extreme difficulty entering my info on a hand held phone.  She repeatedly mispelled things and the system would kick them back out.  At one point she handed me the phone to enter my own info.

I gave my debit card and was processed for $17.00 and some change.  When I got home I went online and was unable to access my account as the service rep had entered the wrong home zip code.  I did some online searching and decided I had made a terrible mistake.  I called VONAGE and said I wanted to cancel EVERYTHING and get a refund.  I was on hold and switched from person to person.  When I finally got a live person they tried every offer to get me to reconsider.  I told them I had already been deceived the service was only $9.99 for three months and it wasn't really unlimited either once it reached the $75.00 mark.  The service was actually $26.00 a month.  I read bad review after bad review,  Not long after our conversation I had a $16.44 refund appear on my account and I can only HOPE that is the complete end of my relationship with VONAGE.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/06/2013 03:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/vonage/stone-mountain-georgia/vonage-intentionally-misleading-marketing-stone-mountain-georgia-1089898. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content