Complaint Review: VUDU.com

• Reported By: Jill — Houston Texas United States of America
  • VUDU.com

Internet
    United States of America

VUDU.com VUDU digital video service Deceptive advertising without intent to provide product advertised Internet

*Consumer Comment: VUDU

I purchased a Blu-Ray DVD video at a regular retail store on December 18, 2011.  The packaging of the disc bore advertising from the VUDU digital copy service.  I purchased the DVD at a higher price because of the advertising.

The certificate in the box stated that the digital download would be provided once the promo code was entered.  This did not work although I tried repeatedly.

Next I read the insert more carefully and noticed that it contained an "offer expiration date" of December 12, 2011  -- six days BEFORE I made my purchase of the DVD.

I went onto the websited of the company and looked for help.  I noticed that the website ALSO itself offered a "bonus first-time free movie" to new registrants.  I thought perhaps I could avoid more wasted time with customer support for VUDU by registering and getting (the same movie) downloaded that way.  I registered, but no "first time free movie" offer appeared.  That offer also seems to be ANOTHER pure SHAM.

I sent a written complaint to the company by e-mai.  I got a canned response promising some kind of action within 24 hours, and inviting me to call their customer support.

When I made the call to customer support, the representative seemed bored with my complaint, as if he heard the same thing frequently from others.  He said he "did not know what he could do," and put me on hold. When he came back he did not offer a solution to either problem: 1) he said the expired code was the disk manufacturer's problem, and 2) he did not have any answer to why as a new resistrant to the VUDU website I did not see any "bonus first-time free movie" offer as the main page of the website clearly offers.

This was my first experience with VUDU, but I will be steering clear of their service AND of any boxed discs with their advertisements!! BE FOREWARNED!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/30/2011 09:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/vuducom/internet/vuducom-vudu-digital-video-service-deceptive-advertising-without-intent-to-provide-produc-815815. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

VUDU

AUTHOR: Diogenes - (USA)

Indeed, it appears that the right hand has no clue as to what the left hand is doing at VUDU

And, just for your own future info -  Blu-ray and DVD are two entirely different formats.  A Blu-ray is NOT a DVD, and vice versa.  Also, both are DISCS, not disks.  Just FYI.