Complaint Review: VW of America

• VW of America
    New York, New York
    USA

VW of America Attn : Tracy Cooling Fans not working New York New York

I have a 2008 Jetta now which I had bought in Nov 2007. This is probably the biggest mistake of my life that I bought a Jetta from VW of America. I lived in Europe before I moved to US and I had this idea that VW makes good reliable cars, German engineered or NOT.

The cars has numerous electronic problems to the point that you should not even ask your enemies to buy this car. It started with the fuel door flap, then the Ignition switch, then the Transmission getting disengaged and now the Cooling Fans (Contro Circuit code P0480). My car is just out of warranty and VW is aware of these problems (Miss Tracy is handling this issue).

In fact, the 2007/08 Jetta (as well as subsequent models) are designed to fail. They are unreliable to the extent that nothing is predictable in this car. IT CAN FAIL YOU ANYTIME. The car is German Engineered in a way that all the big electronic parts will fail just out of the warranty period and smaller problems before the Warranty expires. I sold a Honda to buy this VW Jetta in '07 and that probably was cursed upon me.

My local dealer is asking me to buy another car from them as I am looking for another car in the next 2/3 months. And this time I am looking for a Japanese Toyota RAV4 or a Honda Pilot as I need a more relable car for my wife. The VW Customer Care has been pathetic to resolve any issues and I am sorry, this time, my business will to go to a Japanese manufacturer. Buyer BEWARE of German Engineered VW Jetta's. This probably is the end of my saga with a German Engineered Car unless VW wakes up to resolve this issue.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2013 09:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/vw-of-america/new-york-new-york/vw-of-america-attn-tracy-cooling-fans-not-working-new-york-new-york-1067722. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content