Complaint Review: Walgreens

• Walgreens
    940 SE 39th Ave.
    Portland, Oregon

Walgreens - Pharmacy Dept. Perscription robbery! Beware! Portland Oregon

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: All they want is profit!

I know that the price of prescription drugs are going up, but this is ridiculous! I do not have health insurance that covers prescription drugs, so I price shopped one of my medications. I was a customer of Walgreens Pharmacy until I found out what I was being charged for a common medication. I got a 30 day supply for $47.00, that is $1.56 per pill. I called another phamacy close by, and that same brand, same box, same potency for a 30 day supply is $13.97, that is .46 per pill! What gives Walgreens? That is more than a 70% mark up!

What made matters worse, after I found out about the price difference between the two pharmacys, I needed a few pills until I could switch my prescription from Walgreens. I ordered only 3 pills from Walgreens, thinking it would be $4.68, wrong, they charged me 11.99 for 3 pills! At $4.00 per pill they can offically kiss my business goodby! I tried to speak to the manager from that dept with an explantion, I have heard nothing.

Arturo
Portland, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/27/2009 12:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/walgreens/portland-oregon-97214/walgreens-pharmacy-dept-perscription-robbery-beware-portland-oregon-446856. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

All they want is profit!

AUTHOR: Dogdonut - (U.S.A.)

I have seen this also. The mark up is shameful! All CEO Wasson and Cheerleader Boy Wagner care about is getting your money. Go to where they are less expensive.