Complaint Review: WALMART

• Submitted: Fri, August 25, 2017
  • Updated: Fri, August 25, 2017
  • Reported By: Dave — COMMACK New York U.S.A.
  • WALMART
    702 Sw 8th St..
    BENTONVILLE, Arkansas
    USA

On March 24, 2017 at the Westbury Walmart store on Old Country Rd., I checked out at the automated register using my debit card and requested $40 cash back. After paying for my items I mistakenly left my money behind in the cash tray.

Another customer that checked out after stole my money from the cash tray and paid with a credit card.

The store has clear video of the person taking my money and a record of his credit card information yet the store refused to let me see the video.

To my right of the automated register was a Walmart employee with a yellow vest watching the automated checkout area. At the front door before leaving is another employee with a yellow vest checking receipts before customers leave the store. [continued below]....

..... In the office located nearest the front of the store which is near the returns counter is security with a video monitor where a walmart security employee watches to make sure customers are not stealing from the store.

At no time did security or any other employee near the automated check out area ever say to me that I left my cash behind not did they do anything to stop the person from stealing my money.

At no time do I recall there being an automated warning telling me "don't forget to take your change."

Walmart still refuses to give me back the money that was stolen from me and they also refuse to let me see the video.

There is no security at this store and the police are aware that there is a problem with this store.

This is not the first time Walmart has had security issues. Several years ago I was in the Islandia store and my rear window was smashed. There is a security guard patrolling the parking lot and cameras visible from the roof near where I parked yet my car window was still damaged and they told me afterwards that there was no video since the cameras do not work.

Furthermore recently at the Islandia store I saw an HP Manhaatan gold laptop advertised at $115 but was told they were told out and it was on clearance. Walmart refuses to honor the same price on a different brand of laptop. There is no sign stating the word "clearance" other than a yellow tag with the words "HP Manhattan Gold." This is bait and switch in my opinion and is illegal.

I also complained about the laptop but noone in corporate has called me back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/25/2017 11:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/walmart/bentonville-arkansas-72716/walmart-no-security-at-the-westbury-ny-store-my-money-was-stolen-after-i-checked-out-at-1395539. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

7Author
4Consumer
1Employee/Owner

Just sad...

AUTHOR: Robert - (USA)

This is really just sad now and one has to wonder why you continue to show your ignorance.

Yes we get it.  You know everything and have proof that the LP and register employees were watching every move you made and did not alert you that you left money behind. You also have proof that the door associate knew you left money behind, knew the person that took it and failed to stop them.

But then one must ask why have you not filed a suit in small claims against Walmart for their negligence. I am sure your "Business Law" class covered how to do that, after all they apparently covered everything else.

Everyone reading this knows the reason why you haven't, but I am sure you will come up with some very interesting excuses.

Then one has to wonder if you are the "Business Law" expert how about posting the EXACT code of law that describes their illegal "Bait and Switch" tactics. Even more specifically the damages you can claim against them by filing a lawsuit,  which again you have not filed.

ALICE WALTON IS ONE OF THE OWNERS OF WALMART BELIEVED TO BE INHERITED FROM SAM WALTON

AUTHOR: - ()

ALICE WALTON, JIM WALTON AND ROBSON WALTON ARE HTE OWNERS OF WALMART BELIEVED TO BE INHERITED FROM THE LATE ORIGINAL OWNER SAM WALTON

I DO NOT BELIEVE TRAVIS IS THE OWNER OF WALMART EITHER,

AUTHOR: - ()

I DO NOT BELIEVE TRAVIS IS THE OWNER OF WALMART EITHER!!!!

AUTHOR: - ()

NO I DID NOT GET MY MONEY BACK AND THIS IS NOT A SCAM!!! MAYBE THEY SHOULD LOCK UP TRAVIS FOR HARRASSING ME AND MALICIOUSLY ACCUSING ME OF PULLING A SCAM WHEN THERE IS NO SCAM!!!

ON MARCH 24, 2017 THE NASSAUU COUNTY POLICE WERE CALLED TO THE WESTBURY WALMART AND A REPORT WAS FILED!!!!!

MAYBE TRAVIS SHOULD INVESTIGATE HIMSELF AND WHY THE EMPLOYEES OF WALMART DID NOTHING TO STOP THIS PERSON FROM STEALING MY MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TRAVIS EVIDENTLY KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT THE UNFAIR AND DECEPTIVE PRACTICES ACT WHICH RELATES TO "BAIT AND SWITCH."

AGAIN THIS IS JUST ANOTHER WALMART EMPLOYEE DESPARATELY COVERING FOR WALMART THAT GETS PAID TO MONITOR RIPOFFREPORT.COM FOR COMPLAINTS AGAINST WALMART.

#5 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Stop scamming

AUTHOR: Travis - (USA)

Dod you get your money back? Police will take a report. I would suggest you get a refund on the "business law" classes you took. Don't be jealous, I get paid millions to respond to comments. I've locked up tons of people who claimed "I don't know the law"

My response to the other alleged Walmart employee

AUTHOR: - ()

As per the Nassau County Police what you feel is "finders keepers losers weepers" is a crime when take something that does not belong to you and the Police did take a report from me on this matter.

The store employee does not know the law.

The store employee can't defend the fact that on March 24, 2017 that there were store employees present at the time that saw what happened and did nothing to stop it.

With regard to the laptop computer a label on a shelf with a price on it is considered an advertisement and it is still "bait and switch," when the store refuses to honor the price by giving a rain check or substiuting another laptop at the advertised price.

Again the Walmart employee does not know the law.

The Walmart employees must be getting paid by Walmart to monitor comlaints filed by consumers against Walmart but also bear in mind they also were getting paid to prevent this problem from happening at the time it happened and did nothing to stop it and they got paid anyway.

Finders Keepers

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

You didn’t claim that you visited the store due to an ad for the computer, therefore there was no bait; hence, there was no bait and switch.

You abandoned your money. It was not stolen. Stealing is a crime. Finding is not a crime. The security personnel are not there to babysit you. You have failed to accept responsibility for your own neglectfulness.

THIS PERSON THAT ACCUSES ME OF DOING SOMETHING IS MALICIOUS, UNFOUNDED AND PATHETIC AND MOST LIKELY WORKS FOR WALMART AND WALMART MUST BE DESPERATE TO COVER ITSELF AND THE INCOMPOTENT EMPLOYEES THAT WORK IN THE WESTBURY STORE!!

my response to another alleged Walmart Employee

AUTHOR: - ()

I am not trying to pull anything. I have the receipt that I paid for my items with my debit card and requested $40 cash back on my debit card. I called the Police on March 24, 2017 and the Police were given a copy of a DVD of the person stealing my money and the credit card info of the person stealing my money. The Police since then have told me the DVD was corrupted.

Bottom line is Walmart employees were present and saw everything and never did anything to protect me or to stop the person taking my money.

As far as the laptop it is bait and switch. I took Business Law and this person who comments on my complaint does not know what he is talking about.

Walmart Mentality

AUTHOR: Robert - (USA)

Thank you for proving the Walmart "Entitlement Mentality" is alive and well.

First the LP employee was right. You have NO legal right to see the video and they have NO legal obligation to show it to you as a private citizen. If you are reporting a crime, then YOU need to go to the police and file a report. They will contact Walmart and they will view the video. It would then be up to the Police as to if they pursue it or not. However, with the circumstances you listed and that this happened 5 months ago the police are basically going to brush you off.

You are NOT the only person in Walmart that the employees have to be concerned with. If LP is watching you
then that means they must suspect you may be trying "something" *wink*. The person at the self checkout is
making sure everything is getting run up and again no one is trying "something". So the chances of them watching you to make sure that YOU remembered your money is slim to none.   And they have NO obligation to do so, and the only thing appalling here is your attitude that somehow they are liable.

The person at the door is not going to ask every single person if they got their money, that would be like them asking if they got every item(and no on the receipt they don't check EVERY item). They are not going to search every person leaving to make sure they don't have any money that was left behind. By the way if they tried that with me they would be unconscious on the floor in about 5 seconds.

As for the laptop once again your "entitlement gimme...gimme...gimme" attitude is really showing through.

While specific local laws can be different. There is not a single law I have ever seen or have been aware of that requires a store to sell ANY item for the same price if the shelf price is wrong.

The laptop was not an "advertised" item, it was the price on a shelf. The farthest the laws go in this case is that they must honor the shelf price for THAT item. Some allow for additional "penalties" if THAT item scans wrong. But NONE say that if the item is no longer in stock you get to pick up another item for the same price.

Now, if it showed up in a PRINTED ad, you may be allowed to purchase up another item. But not at the same price...at most it would be at a similar discount. So if this laptop was 40% off advertised, you could pick another laptop and get 40% off the price of that laptop. So no, even if it applied in this case you could not go picking out a $800 laptop for the $115.

Oh and NO I am not now or have I ever worked for Walmart.  However, I did work retail many moons ago.

my response to the alleged Walmart employee

AUTHOR: - ()

If you work at Walmart and you see another customer stealing someone's money you mean to tell me you would stand there and say nothing.

There is no liability to Walmart to let me see the video and/or give me the credit card information so that I can take the crook to court to recover my money.

The fact that security sat therein front of a monitor and did nothing combined with the fact that there was a store employee right next to watching and said nothing to me before I left combined with the fact that they said nothing to the person that stole my money is pathetic and appalling.

The fact there is another employee standing at the front door and did nothing to stop the person that stole my money is also appalling and pathetic.

As far as the laptop that is advertised at a certain price and there is no sign stating it is clearance and the fact that they refuse to substiute another laptop at the same price is against the law. It is bait and switch regardless of what their employee says. I took business law and I know what the law says. You can't advertise something at certain price and then not honor it. They in the alternative could have offered another laptop at the advertised price.

Their hoping the public is stupid and gets sucked into paying more for another laptop.

Not for public view

AUTHOR: Travis - (USA)

I worked at this store doing LP work. Customers cannot "see the video" This creates a liability. Make a police report. Walmart will only release video to law enforcement. It's also not the job of security to make sure you get your change, or whatever the public thinks. As for the bait and switch, if the item is sold out than it's gone. It cannot be applied to another item.