Report: #1102037

• Walmart.com
    702 SW 8th Street,
    Bentonville, Arkansas
    USA

Walmart.com, Keepsake Diamond Fake Diamond Sold as Genuine, Bentonville Arkansas

*Author of original report: Not Even A Remote Possiblity

*General Comment: Very Common...

Nine years ago, my husband surprised me at Christmas with what we both believed was a diamond engagement ring. He ordred it from Walmart.com and it came with a certificate of authenticity from Keepsake Diamonds.

Recently the stone fell out. I took it to a jeweler to be repaired and who informed me t was not a diamond at all. I called Walmart's customer service line and was told that because the purchase was so long ago, there was nothing they could do. It's only guaranteed for 90 days.n I just had to spend the rest of my life with a fake diamond engagement ring.

I've looked at the Keepsake Diamond guarantee, which is in very tiny print and is only for a year.

Most people do not run out to get their jewelry appraised within 90 days of purchase or even within a year, especially people who can only afford to apy $300 to $500 for a ring. We just trust the retailer.

Diamonds are not like blenders. Theyre tems people cherish for a lifetime. Selling fake diamonds to people who believe they are the real thing is just plain wrong.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/25/2013 10:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/walmartcom/bentonville-arkansas-72716-8611/walmartcom-keepsake-diamond-fake-diamond-sold-as-genuine-bentonville-arkansas-1102037. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Not Even A Remote Possiblity

AUTHOR: JLNichols - ()

The ring was delivered via Fed Ex or UPS, don't remember which. I picked up the box from the front door myself so there was no way my husband could have switched it out for a cubic zirconia even if he wanted to.  We'd been married for eight years at the time, and this was supposed to be the engagement ring I'd never had. It was a total surprise, a romantic gesture from a man who rarely makes them. And while he has his faults, a lack of integrity isn't one of them.

#2 General Comment

Very Common...

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

Before you jump on walmart you might look closer to home. I know you thing your fiance wouldnt do anything like Im about to suggest but its a more plausable incident. I know from my own experience with Diamonds, that sometimes the male will but a regualr diamond but them go and get it exchanged with a cibic zirconian. This way if the relationship fails and the female keeps the ring the male is not out a diamond. Im not saying that they did this but I have seen it A LOT!!