Complaint Review: Wawa Digital

• Reported By: graham Texas
  • Wawa Digital
    wawadigital.net
    New York, New York

Wawa Digital ripoff, bait and switch, did not honor advertised price because I wanted no high priced accessories New York New York

I was shopping for a Canon G6 digital camera. They are usually about $550. Occasionally they'll be on sale for $400-$450. Froogle showed WaWaDigital's price at $419. Good price. I called to find out if it had a USA warranty. It did. They asked if I'd like to place an order. I said Yes I would. The salesperson then asked what kind of battery I'd like to purchase with it, because the supplied battery lasts only 15 minutes or so. This is an outright lie. Canon's specs show the Bp511A battery good for 300 shots/400 min. playback. Plus all the batteries WaWa offered are approx. double fair market value. I am a photographer shooting Canon professional equipment. I already have 6 batteries that will work for this camera. They all last hours of shooting. He then asked if I would like a memory card with it. Once again I've got several 2 Gig cards, I don't need one of his overpriced cards. At this point he told me the G6 was not available and hung up on me, he thought.

I stayed on the phone and he picked back up thinking it was another call. Why did you hang up on me? The camera is not available he said. "When will it be available?" He said six weeks. I asked him if it was not available because I wasn't purchasing his accessories. He said no it was never available. Why did you not tell me that when I first spoke with you? He hung up on me.

Maybe this was an isolated incident. So I went to the website and began an order then called to complete the order, same song and dance. "Oh sir that is a very beautiful camera you've ordered, I did notice that you did not order a battery with it. You'll need one." No kidding, that's why Canon ships them with a battery and charger. After I told him I wanted neither battery nor memory card, he realized I was his previous caller, got rude and hung up again. He is lacking in phone skills.

These people are fraudulent scammers taking advantage of a Yahoo storefront to con people into believing they are legit. My advice is to shop elsewhere and do not even THINK about giving credit card info to these folks. I'm logging on to the Better Business Bureau next.

Robert
Anaheim, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/21/2005 10:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/wawa-digital/new-york-new-york/wawa-digital-ripoff-bait-and-switch-did-not-honor-advertised-price-because-i-wanted-no-h-150696. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content