Complaint Review: Waypoint Homes Northern California

• Reported By: DFNCA — Vacaville California USA
  • Waypoint Homes Northern California

Nationwide
    USA

Waypoint Homes Northern California colony homes, starwood homes Scam company that lies and breaks the law Sacramento Nationwide

*Author of original report: Again?

*UPDATE Employee: Waypoint Response

Waypoint homes is a terribel scam business.  They will not communicate with you and add charges to your rent, bills, and you have to threaten to file a lawsuit to get your deposit money back.  I rented a home with them and the leasing agent never answered or returned my calls or emails on how to deliver my deposit.  He stated to do it online, however their portal is clearly created by an incompetant individual as it does not work.  While he failed to communicate he told me I had to overnight my deposit check to him or lose the lease because it ws the deadline.  It was getting close to the deadline because he never answered texts, phone calls, or emails.  He then fails to provide the utilities for the home once we arrive and sends the wrong ones over.  Additionally the utilities we got in our name eventually and back paid to our move in.  Waypoint also charged us and attempted to reubuttal us that we owed it to them for utilities.  We sent the receipts from the utilities company showing the date and whom it was charged to, they then refunded and charged us again the following month.  We rebuttal again for 3 months they kept doing the same cycle.

Maintance has also been an issue, I should have read all the BBB warnings on this company ahead of time.  They are not accredited for a reason.  I had sink busted and could not do dishes and had issues in the bathtub as well and I could not bath my infant son.  just to send the technician out it took over a week, there was no urgency on the matter.  They did the poorest standard job possible.  Additionally heavy rains came accross northern california and water was leaking through my dining room window.  I called and told me it will be another week to have someone come out.  I told them water is entering my house, that did not matter at all.  They sent their tech and he said we need a new window, so three vendors come out and all say a new window is needed.  They placed their bid and waypoint closed the work order saying it was fixed.  I called multiple times and each time they acted confused about the issue.  My window is still not fixed and they will not send someone out.  Also I had a toilet leaking and I could not use as human waste will leak, it ws not considered a health hazard by waypoint and no urgnecy and I had to wait two weeks for it to be addressed.  Also water leaked and we discovered mold in a bedroom, it took over a week with no urgency and regardless of it being a health hazard and concern they didn't care.

This company is a ripoff, they have scammed many people out of their deposits, make up charges, and do not fix items.  Dealing with this company gives a sense that they almsot intentionally train on poor customer service.  Everything they do appears as if they make an effort on being terribel human beings.  I hope their garbage CEO goes bankrupt and a lawsuit from everyone in their surviors and victims support page files a lawsuit together to get the attention that they are robbers and scammers and cause undue stress, harm, and place their tenents in unsafe hazardous houeses.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/12/2017 10:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/waypoint-homes-northern-california/nationwide/waypoint-homes-northern-california-colony-homes-starwood-homes-scam-company-that-lies-an-1405981. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Again?

AUTHOR: - ()

Waypoint representative, there is not point in your efforts and here is the reason why.  First of all I recieved the same response after I left a very deserved negative review to the large stack of other well deserved negative reviews on the BBB site.   Someone saw it and tried to be friendly and reach out and that was when a third time your local technician came to look at my window, he came saw it for the third time and said we need a new window.  To no shock or surprise I called to check the status and it said the work order was closed again.  So it is no wonder you are not a part of the BBB because you are a scam company.  You are known for making up charges and sending people eviction notices when they plan to notify of lease termination, you are known to not refund deposits on fake charges.  There is a support network for your victoms, because it is what you do.

For the added charges your incompetant thieving company charged me an extra $100 for three months, each month I called and it was refunded after several heated discussions and showing you proof of receipts and emails(again I know your protocol is to screw people) so got it back only to be charged again the following month.  After the 4th month I said screw it you guys are beyind incompetent and I was not going to fight month after month for it just to have it be a known issue again.

I have documented all wrong doings, from failed timely responses to health hazard items(the city is loving those mess ups cuase it gets them involved) to communications about failed maintanence fixes and waypoint incompentance in handling claims and issues.  Apologies are empty from waypoint because they say it so often without resolve.  I don't feel like wasting the time to try to email AGAIN to another point of contact just to have nothing happen again.  Just go bankrupt pay your people back and have moral fiber and not be thieves.  I still hope your company goes bankrupt and especially since some of your victims are the brave men and women who serve this country and you still screw them over with no remorse in the name of some money for your company.

Waypoint Response

AUTHOR: Waypoint Homes - (USA)

We are very sorry to hear you’ve had a negative experience and would be happy to check your ledger for mischarges, and your maintenance history. We do not add any hidden fees, and at the time of rent you are responsible for base rent, pet rent (if applicable) and utilities (based on usage).

Please email us your full name, review and Waypoint property address to social@waypointhomes.com. Thank you.