Complaint Review: Wealthy Affiliate

• Wealthy Affiliate
    Kyle & Carson
    Internet
    United States of America

Wealthy Affiliate Bad Business Practices, Membership Not Canceled When Tried To. Internet

I signed up for an account at Wealthy Affiliate for 1 year. After about 6 months, I stopped using it. I used a credit card to pay. I knew I did not want to continue my membership. For a few hours, I searched online to find out how to cancel. I logged into my account, found where I could cancel, and pressed cancel membership.

I was given a message that stated, "Are you sure you want to cancel, your account will auto-cancel on 'Xdate2010X'. So I thought, great, it will cancel on that date.

Today, I logged into my account to confirm everything was taken care of, and now it says my account will cancel on Xdate2011X. I called my credit card company to find a pending transaction. What?

I still have received no emails from them regarding renewal of subscription, no emails from the company that charged my card, no type of receipt? Who does business like that?

I logged back in, canceled immediately, and called the credit card. I will dispute the charge if need be, and have finally found a billing email, after assuming the only way to get help was email/pm the owners. There, finally, was a billing support email address.

I did not have a bad experience while a member, why end your relationship with people on such awful terms.

Could you possibly send an email notice of renewal, with a way to opt out? Any honest company would do so?

I am requesting my pending credit card transcation to be canceled, and change your system to state that the account will auto-renew on Xdate, rather than auto-cancel.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/19/2010 06:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/wealthy-affiliate/internet/wealthy-affiliate-bad-business-practices-membership-not-canceled-when-tried-to-internet-594516. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content