Complaint Review: Wells Fargo Bank

• Wells Fargo Bank

Internet
    United States of America

Wells Fargo Bank Direct Deposit Advance Internet

I've used Wells Fargo Direct Deposit in the past and never had a problem until now. It states it is a direct deposit advance, so I expect them to take the monies back when a direct deposit goes in and not a transfer from one bank to their bank. I needed to pay some bills so I did a direct deposit advance and then I went into another account I have with a different bank and made a transfer not knowing that they would take it from that money and use it towards the direct deposit advance I had did.

When I call the bank I asked this was not a direct deposit it was a transfer from one bank to another one. I was told no, to them it is a direct deposit and therefore they took the money, if I wanted I can make another request for a direct deposit and would be charged for it again. That made no sense to me and I did asked as a long time customer can they make a onetime courtesy and reverse it because now when my payment goes thru it is going to cause me to over draft. I was told they couldn't do it. I think it could have been done as a onetime and especially because I have bank with them for over 22 years and have never asked for a one-time exception.

This has made me very upset and stressful so now once my direct deposit clears at the end of the week I'm making sure to go to Wells Fargo and ending my relationship with them. They should call it Direct Deposit/Transfer Advance and this would make it more clear to people who use this service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/08/2011 10:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/wells-fargo-bank/internet/wells-fargo-bank-direct-deposit-advance-internet-680518. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content