Complaint Review: Wells Fargo

• Web:
  • Category: Banks

Wells Fargo ATM ripoff Goleta California

*Consumer Comment: OMG

Let me start by saying this was resolved, but only due to my due diligence. I went to the drive up location at the Goleta Branch and attempted to make a deposit of $1020. After inserting all of my bills which were excellent condition five $100 bills the were pretty used including two $5 bills one $10 bills and the rest $20, one torn on the corner. When it asked me to confirm it was crediting only $920. I had all $1020 returned from the machine and went inside. The teller and manager were very kind and offered an explanation of a machine that needs cleaning or is affected by the elements and they apologized and I'm certain they were sincere, the Wells Fargo on the other hand, known for its Criminal Activity I do not trust. As the teller stated, "good thing you checked, lots of people don't​.". Please always count and confirm your deposit before confirming it on the ATM. I hope this was an isolated incident, but if not let's make sure it is investigated. How many people leave $100 short and don't realize it?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/05/2017 02:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/wells-fargo/-/wells-fargo-atm-ripoff-goleta-california-1366038. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

OMG

AUTHOR: Robert - (USA)

So you go to an ATM it doesn't count your money correctly, you get all of your money back and go inside to make the deposit.

Breaking news alert

A customer goes into a bank to make a deposit after the ATM has a technical issue...Stick with us for our 11 Newscast where we will talk to this corragous person.

As I said..OMG.

Just HOW is this a RipOff? Are their ATM's any different than other bank's ATM's or are you accusing them of "rigging" their machines to randomly skip some bills and hope that the customer doesn't notice?

I really wonder why you stopped here? How many "ripoff" reports did you write when you were at a store and the price came up wrong?  As I woudl contend that in a day a store could make many times "extra" profit by overcharging a very popular item by $0.50 or so.  After all if they sell 1000 units a day that is $500 extra off just ONE item. And the odds that someone would notice $0.50 is a lot less than someone noticing $100. Wouldn't you agree?

But again why stop there.

How many "ripoff" reports did you write when a cashier gave you back the incorrect change?

How many "ripoff" reports did you write when you had an extra item added to your resturant bill that you didn't order?

Don't get me wrong I agree with your advice that you should ALWAYS confirm your deposit amount to make sure it matches. You should also confirm other purchases and financial transactions as I mentioned.  But
for you to take this from what is most likely some glitch to a huge "ripoff" consipracy is a bit of a stretch.

I also really wonder if you don't trust them...why do they still have your money?