Finally after much grief and research, here is my opinion. Werner Enterprises mmmm what can I say about them. I went to school at NuWay in Livonia Mi. They paint a pretty picture. The world basically is promised to you, same as any other report I've read. My deal was solo driver at .26 pm. up to 3000 a week. Rewind- borrowed money ($438.00) from my parents after convincing them there was no other work out there! I'm still kicking myself. The schooling was $5995.00 ouch! But hey small price to pay for a new career.
I greyhound down to Indianapolis, no problem, here is where the ROUND-UP starts, or should I say we start to look like cattle. Orientation 30 people- lunch was a rubber piece of meat in a bun off a barf truck. I wouldn't put my cats in the Ramada, that place is a "DUMP", no stores or restaurants unless you wanna do some walking.
I waited 2 days for a non-smoking trainer, no problem. He had a dedicated run from Illinois to Wisconsin, not bad, Can't really b***h, it was mostly drop and hook. To him everything was f***ing gold, although he kept mentioning all these companies that would pay him more than what he was currently making, yet he didn't switch mmmm.
I missed home big time 150 hrs, I took a week off
my second trainer, dedicated Peoria, Ill to York, Pa after he found out I was off curfew, oops! rewind, first trainer, off curfew, I drove at night, less traffic, he drove days. CAN YOU SAY "TEAM DRIVING"!!!!.
2nd trainer, I drove 7pm to 8am mon to fri, hey it got my hours in, worked out fine.
At 250 hours-the clincher-rewind
BEFORE I had my 2nd trainer the guy I was rooming with at the Ramada told me he had 3-4 friends who signed with werner, quicker medical benefits, he was also from MICHIGAN, he told me they tested out and were sent home, I chose not to believe this statement. (I still feel the egg dripping down my face!)
At 250 hours I call my SDM Sean Murtaugh, he connects me with driver placement, I'm told no local or regional, I kinda already figured that, I'm a newby. He then tells me at 300 hours he will let me know about otr, I asked because I was at 260 hrs, I asked why can't you tell me now. He said right now we don't have anything, when you hit 300, you can test out and go home or stay on with your trainer and make 250.00 a week. I replied if you have nothing out of Michigan then why the hell did you hire me in the first place, the line got real QUIET. He told me call at 300 hrs.
The best part of this is yet to come. At 299 3/4 hrs, I was off the truck, I bitched like know-one would. I tested out in Springfield, Oh. The gentleman at the desk chuckled and re-afirmed what the guy in the motel room told me.
SDM Sean Murtaugh told me the "diploma" from Werner works anywhere, untrue. I tested out and was immediately told there was no work for me!
After several phone calls after I returned home, I was told I could fill out a page on the CBT for team drivers, something they didn't fully explain to me down at the terminal 3 hours away! Anyway, I go back down, fill out the CBT page, and told someone will match you up. After you call back and get a list of numbers to call for possible partners. My first one fell through, bear in mind, he has a HAZMAT and driving for Team Werner, dispatch says they get 3500-5000 a week. After its explained that we will "SPLIT" .28 pm. hold that thought.
I talk to a 2nd possible partner, neither of us had hazmat but we are applying, hey team werner, more miles more money right!?
The 1st partner, I called him after he's been out 1 week, he and his partner have barely driven 1500 miles between them at .14 pm hey that makes for a good check.
on 4/11/09 I agreed with another guy to team with him, as of 4/19/09 they will not let him test out. He has been on the truck for 2 1/2 months now. The first guy I was gonna team with was on the truck for 12 weeks, was told if he got off the the truck he would be sent home, no work.
FOLKS THE MORAL OF THE STORY IS
1. THESE COMPANIES TRAIN YOU BECAUSE THE GOVERNMENT "PAYS" THEM TO. AFTER YOU FINISH TRAINING, WHO CARES!!!
2. IF YOU LIVE IN MICHIGAN YOUR SCREWED EITHER WAY. GO TO "www.classadrivers.com" press the link to Michigan and Florida, you'll find out that no-one is hiring out of these states.
3. Here is the real kicker. Your not considered experienced until you've driven "AFTER" test out!!!
4. Finally, once you tell these other companies you've trained for Werner, your no longer treated as a student, BUT you also are not experienced enough to drive for them. And if you live in Michigan, your even more screwed.
5. I almost had a job with USA Truck, I told them I just got off a Werner truck, this recruiter was new. I called back like she told me to get the Greyhound bus numbers for my trip to orientation, she told me that they could not help me and thats all they would say!
6. Did I mention that the job placement at the school I attended REFUSES to talk to me or help me get more work, hey, they got their money-right!
END OF STORY!!!
U.S.A.Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Werner Enterprises