Complaint Review: West Bay Acquisitions

Cranston, Rhode Island
    United States of America

West Bay Acquisitions Claim for late charge collection Cranston, Rhode Island

*Consumer Suggestion: West Bay Hollywood Video Scam

I ALSO just got a notice in the mail requesting $20.94 for late movie rentals from Hollywood Video that were rented back in February of 2009.  I do not want to pay this, because I am so inclined to believe that is completely fraudulent.  But how are we supposed to find out?  Don't want to take a hit on my credit, but I'm not just going to send a check to some random unverifiable company either!  Please let me know if anyone figures anything out.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2012 12:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/west-bay-acquisitions/cranston-rhode-island-02920/west-bay-acquisitions-claim-for-late-charge-collection-cranston-rhode-island-847100. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

West Bay Hollywood Video Scam

AUTHOR: sandiego - (United States of America)

I received a collection letter from West Bay for a bogus Hollywood Video debt.  I filed an online complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I took about three minutes to complete.  Two days later West Bay sent a response stating that they had closed my account and that "at no time have any of these accounts been reported to any consumer reporting agency by West Bay."  Dispute this debt and they will immediately close your account.