Complaint Review: Western Governor's University

• Western Governor's University
    4001 700 E #700
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    United States

Western Governor's University WGU Refused help and accommodations to hardworking ADA student Salt Lake City Utah

I am a person with a disability under the ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990) and the administration here is truly awful. I requested some simple accommodations for my courses in the College of IT and was laughed out the door. My student mentor was highly unprofessional, calling me at strange hours of the day when we did not have an appointment, and nobody was willing to help me work through my issues when I called several different departments for help. (Yes, I escalated, and the supervisors at Student Services are just as bad!)

They KNEW I was struggling with my disability and I was mocked, lied to, misdirected, and put on the back burner. While they may cost you less money, they provide much less value. Western Governor's is an unprofessional and hostile environment for anyone covered by ADA. I have told every single family member and friend to AVOID this place. They want your money, but if you need access to normal learning resources and help (like those found at any serious public University), they will shame you and blame you and make your life hell on Earth.

Save yourself some heartbreak and run as far and fast from WGU as you can. If you don't believe me, go read their surprise audit from the Department of Education. You won't believe what they have been getting away with.

Shame on WGU. College students, disabled or not, deserve better than this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/07/2017 01:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/western-governors-university/salt-lake-city-utah-84107/western-governors-university-wgu-refused-help-and-accommodations-to-hardworking-ada-stud-1415617. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content