Complaint Review: Westwood College

• Reported By: Markham Illinois
  • Westwood College
    80 River Oaks Drive Suite 120
    Calumet City, Illinois

I was trying to choose a school that I thought would be good for me. When I met with an Admissions Representative at Westwood College, I was promised that they would place me with a job upon graduation. So, I decided to attend the school in January of 2003. I graduated in May of 2004 thinking that I would be able to get my dream job. It didn't happen that way. My credits were non-transferable and my degree was fake!!!

I soon found out that my degree was made in the privacy of one of the teacher's own home!! There was no such thing with them as "financial aid", it was only student loans!! Student loans which paid all of these different administrator's and teachers salaries. So, I am currently seeking out legal assistance with this issue because now Sallie Mae wants all of their money back!! So, the bottom line is DO NOT GO TO ANY WESTWOOD COLLEGE BECAUSE ITS ALL A SCAM!!!

Nicole
Markham, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2009 01:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/westwood-college/calumet-city-illinois/westwood-college-fake-college-gives-out-fake-degrees-calumet-city-illinois-437559. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
4Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Do more research.

AUTHOR: Amanda - (U.S.A.)

I don't really know much about Westwood, but I do know that alot of these "online" colleges are not accredited. If a school is not accredited, the degree you get from them is worth as much as the paper it is printed on. Accredited colleges have curriculums and many different standard they must meet in order to maintain that status. In the cases of these unaccredited colleges, there is no system in place to ensure that the courses are as they should be.

Just be sure if you decide to go for more education, that you choose a fully accredited school.

AUTHOR: Westwood College Student Services - (U.S.A.)

We came across your post today and want you to know we take your feedback seriously. I invite you to contact Westwood College's Student Resolution Hotline at 888.331.3036 so we can begin to work through your specific concerns.