Complaint Review: Westwood College

• Reported By: Saint Charles Illinois
  • Westwood College
    7155 Janes Avenue
    Woodridge, Illinois

Westwood College Woodridge Illinois I may have gotten the worst of it, I stayed for two years and dropped out due to Woodridge Illinois

I attended Westwood College for one reason and one reason only: To gain a degree in Criminal Justice so that I could apply for a career in the Chicago Police Department. When I reached over 60 credit hours I applied for CPD at a recruiting seminar. I was told that my school was not recognized as an accredited college and that my credits would not be accepted by CPD. I was also told that the degree itself would not be accepted. I also tried to transfer my so-called "transferable" credits to Elgin Community College, but I was told that it couldn't be done even though the school said that it could in the beginning.

I spent two years of my life at that school to get my dream job only to find out that I was lied to about the school's accreditation by financial aid, the administration, and the recruiter. I am now BANKRUPT, and still in deep debt with the school loans.

James
Saint Charles, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/27/2008 12:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/westwood-college/woodridge-illinois-60517/westwood-college-woodridge-illinois-i-may-have-gotten-the-worst-of-it-i-stayed-for-two-ye-303803. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content