Report: #194592

• Phone: 602-282-3523
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

WFS FINANCIAL FRAUULENT BILLING, HARRASSMENT Ripoff TEMPE Arizona

I have had problems with this company from the start. I financed a car through them at a dealership in Tempe Arizona. Since I did not have auto insurance at the time, I purchased insurance through the dealership at a ridiculously high rate for the first 30 days in order to shop around for a policy. Copies of the insurance policy were forwarded to WFS. Within the next 3 weeks, I received a letter from WFS requesting proof of insurance, which was sent to them. Within that 30 day period I found a policy through Progressive Insurance and was sitting in their office with my agent when he addressed an envelope to WFS with a copy of my policy.
After the second proof of insurance was sent to them, I received a bill from WFS stating that I had failed to provide them with proof of insurance and that they had taken out a policy for me and forwarded the charge. Before this matter could be resolved I began to fall behind on my car payments due to an adverse situation at work. I began receiving phone calls from WFS at home and at work.

I asked WFS not to call me at work but , they continued to do so anyway. After several threats including further harassment at work, they called my office one day when I was not in and they threatened my boss and demanded that he give them the address at work. My boss declined stating that the business is an international forwarding firm and that any threatening phone calls would have to be reported to the FBI for investigation. They proceeded to personally threaten my boss. Why he didn't file a report with the FBI is beyond me.

After falling behind 2 payments (about $800.00), my car was repossessed in the middle of the night (with some of my items still in it). I called WFS the next day, explained the situation and offered to pay the $800.00. I was told that I would be notified soon as to their decision.

Next I received a notice that my car was to be sold at auction. Then I received a letter that they were billing me for another insurance policy because they claimed that the car was in an accident, which it was not. There was some paint missing in the front and side of the car that actually came off at the car wash. This was a quality control issue with the dealership as the car was only 3 months old.

Since they repossessed the car and intended to sell the car at auction, I figured that they can deal with the dealership themselves and I notified them of that.
Since then, they have continually called my parents house on a daily basis. My parents are elderly and my mother has Alzheimer's Disease and they have been asked not to call by my father. He was threatened by them, asked for his social security number (which he did not provide), and receives several phone calls from them on a daily basis including in the middle of the night..
The next step is for me to file a bankruptcy in order to get these guys off my back, which will be done within the next 2-3 weeks. I will see if the phone calls stop once they receive their notice from the court. I do not think that they will because these guys obviously do not have a copy of the "Fair Credit and Collections Act" in their office. I will then report them to the bankruptcy judge and the courts can handle it from then.

Carlos
MT PROSPECT, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/03/2006 09:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/wfs-financial/tempe-arizona-85282/wfs-financial-frauulent-billing-harrassment-ripoff-tempe-arizona-194592. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content